***Stevenson Champion cue by Burroughes & Watts***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    I know who bought that cue, and he saw it before parting with money so likes it a LOT, his initials are DD
    As a playing cue? What happened to maximus being the best cue makers in the world ever?!
    Still too much, from Gordon's cue price guide, Ave @£140, Median £150, highest ever £225 (based on 20 ebay sales) - I think it's just been beat!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well people who have money always seem to pay too much
      DD likes an older cue I feel, Maximus probably very nice but not quite the same

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        quelle surprise! i am not sure that cue has not had a sprinkle from tony glover though....
        I cleaned the cue up and refinished the butt before Dom bought it, he mailed me to say he has changed the ferrule and taken it down from 10.9mm to 10.4 and re-lacquered the cues butt, looks even more stunning now!

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          As a playing cue? What happened to maximus being the best cue makers in the world ever?!
          Still too much, from Gordon's cue price guide, Ave @£140, Median £150, highest ever £225 (based on 20 ebay sales) - I think it's just been beat!
          Was a surprise Dom asking about the cue and then buying it from me, he said in his words " it's probably the most amazing cue I have ever had!" hope it does him proud.
          Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 10 November 2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Well people who have money always seem to pay too much
            DD likes an older cue I feel, Maximus probably very nice but not quite the same

DD likes ANY cue.

He takes a fancy to cues the same way as poeple take a fancy to a cake when they are in a coffee shop. Varies day to day.

Ha, he's a gem that fella.

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
              I cleaned the cue up and refinished the butt before Dom bought it, he mailed me to say he has changed the ferrule and taken it down from 10.9mm to 10.4 and re-lacquered the cues butt, looks even more stunning now!
              He sent me pics too, after i sent him pics of how it was when i had it, it does look very very nice now

Comment

He sent me pics too, after i sent him pics of how it was when i had it, it does look very very nice now
                don't keep them to yourself
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I hope Dom doesn't mind ?

Comment

Was a lot rougher when i had it

Comment

just a slight difference , it really did clean up well, just go's to show what can be done to a cue, I thought it looked nice after I finished it!, looks like brand new now!
                      Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 10 November 2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

very nice, do we know who did the work?
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Dom said the top and bottom splices are dark Ebony, the side splices are mottled Ebony, which really shows up under his table lights, looks great

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            very nice, do we know who did the work?
                            Dom does it himself, but prior to that MinnesotaSlim85 did an absolute amazing job on it

Comment

well I did the work on the butt sorted the lifted splice out, filled any ding/chips and removed the DP from the flat. Dom did say he had done it himself... Tony Glover has done work for him before on cues in the past.
                              Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 10 November 2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Dom does it himself, but prior to that MinnesotaSlim85 did an absolute amazing job on it
                                I'm not bad for a learner , Dom's work on it though looks superb!

Comment

Working...
                                X