Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    or you know a man who does
    is it quite chunky in the sections then?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      well you can have a stiffy that plays dead and one thats got more going on on the moment of the strike. the same with a cue thats got more give, there are some that really play nice and move the white around with ease, and others that take you to wobble city.
      a good cue is a good cue, its all about the wood and the finish
      Thanks J6 , a good player once had a wee hit with my cue and said it was quite lively, To be honest I didn't know what to think as I thought with it being a stiff cue it couldn't be , just shows how much more a decent player knows.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        is it quite chunky in the sections then?
        not sure if i get this cuecracker, where would these chunky sections be?

Comment

is the taper very thick, i.e. in cross-sections down the shaft?

I was just wondering if Trumps was slightly thicker in taper than would be considered "the norm"?
          cheers

Comment

not particularly, maybe more traditional with the straightness of the taper, and i think hes on a 9.6/7 but you'd know better than me cuecracker

Comment

thanks for that
              some have said that a straight taper (to them) feels "chunky"

JT ferrule - nope, no idea, not much detail of Trump's specs, I'll note this down for now as possible.
              cheers

Comment

with a 10-10.5mm ferrule the shaft can feel thicker, but usually if someone says a cue feels chunky then that cue is likely not to have been tapered and finished properly

Comment

spot on
                  two of my pool team mates have said their cues felt chunky and both have ... modern Peradon cues

anyway, one went off to Andy Travis and is much better now

Comment

Cue arrived today..very well packaged..thanks John will let you know how I get on with it..Karl

Comment

Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
                      Cue arrived today..very well packaged..thanks John will let you know how I get on with it..Karl
                      Please keep us updated Karlos, I have a hankering to try one of these cues ,so any input would be great, thanks.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Please keep us updated Karlos, I have a hankering to try one of these cues ,so any input would be great, thanks.
                        Had an hour with it when it arrived..feels really solid and lovely when in amongst the balls..stuggled a little on long pots for some reason but going to change the tip for a Phoenix which im used to and see what happens...

Comment

Working...
                        X