X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    Les147's cue on the other hand comes out of the cue builder at £892 ish

so beat the queue time.
    Exactly, it's decent value. If he was to discount it a bit for alteration, I think it would shift. I'm not angling for a discount here by the way!

Comment

Dave Coutts can shorten it and re taper the cue for only £40. If anyone interested i will reduce by £50 so thats pays for the post to Dave also.Below are the prices for alterations taken from Dave's website.
      Repairs and alterations
      Service Price
      Tip Replacement, from £5
      Ferrule and tip replacement £20
      Weight adjustment, from £15
      Leather pad on butt £10
      Straightening of cue, from £10
      Re-Graining, from £20
      Strip down and refinish £35
      Joints, from £50
      Extending extension to fit quick release joint £37
      Mini Butt £35
      SD Joint in the cue £20
      Name plate, from £30
      Lengthen/Shorten, from £40
      Ferrule with different size tip, re-taper and re-grain £35

Comment

if anyone interested i will combine the superb northwales ultimate case as a package for £1100. I can not be fairer than that.

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
          if anyone interested i will combine the superb northwales ultimate case as a package for £1100. I can not be fairer than that.
          or you could sell me the case for £200 . .

Comment

or you could sell me the case for £200 . .
            Yeah you would like that eh Bill

Comment

That Snakewood paragon is only £614.40 on the cue builder on John's site. .

That's £600+ mark up to avoid the 40 - 50 week wait. . . . wowser .

assuming it sells of course. .
              £636 actually and you would be very lucky to get a 1pc Paragon in 50 weeks.

Comment

Only fair to point out as this cue has a blackspin ferrule system on it, it surely isn't a straight forward job to shorten it ???

Comment

Originally Posted by Pascale View Post
                  £636 actually and you would be very lucky to get a 1pc Paragon in 50 weeks.
                  So still a £600+ mark up ?

I only went by what the lead time was on the website,
                  as this would be the information available to someone
                  pondering what they were paying well over the odds for. . .

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Only fair to point out as this cue has a blackspin ferrule system on it, it surely isn't a straight forward job to shorten it ???
                    Maybe best if Mike shortens it ?

Comment

I've been waiting for my 1pc paragon for well over a year now and still no update on progress. I went for this over a ultimate due to the long lead times. Might as well gone for a ultimate!

The price of that one on eBay is high but I emailed him last night and he'd take 960 cash which isn't bad. I'm tempted myself as I'm fed up of waiting and I'll just sell mine when it arrives!

Originally Posted by billabong

Original Source: John parris paragon 3/4 cue and extensions - Reply to Topic http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz3VxTrc8yw
                      - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                      Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Comment

Only benefit like with Les cue at least you can see what the shaft looks like before you buy it.

Comment

Only benefit like with Les cue at least you can see what the shaft looks like before you buy it.
                          I suppose if he put up accurate times for how long it'd take, there would be less customers.

Ironically this would reduce the time it takes to deliver existing customer's cues.

Hope it comes soon. .

Comment

I've been waiting for my 1pc paragon for well over a year now and still no update on progress. I went for this over a ultimate due to the long lead times. Might as well gone for a ultimate!

The price of that one on eBay is high but I emailed him last night and he'd take 960 cash which isn't bad. I'm tempted myself as I'm fed up of waiting and I'll just sell mine when it arrives!

Originally Posted by billabong

Original Source: John parris paragon 3/4 cue and extensions - Reply to Topic http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz3VxTrc8yw
                            - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                            Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook
                            Makes me think why he bothers making or offering a bespoke cue ordering service?

Especially as most players only want a few fancy splices and straight grain ash with good arrows, you get that with the off the shelf cues he has in his shop, plus as a bonus you could try before buying!

Also remember Ronnie popped down and got his cue in a matter of weeks......so in other words he got soneone elses cue, makes u think how many other up and coming players who'll be prepared to stand there, be photographed with JP and declare "When I thought of getting a new cue I could only think of one maker.....John Parris, the smoothest best I've ever tried"!
                            No disrespect to any players now or in the past....."But how the hell would they know, they didn't make it!".....just goes to show The Hype gets us everytime......works the same with Luxury cars etc etc.

The Thai manufacturers have proved that just because its cheaper, doesn't neccessaryily make it an inferior product, granted most of their cues are going to be copies of JP, Couts, Wooldridge, Glover......but is that a bad thing??
                            Safety doesn't win frames.......Potting does!

Comment

just reduced cue to £850

Comment

for a two week period only for £900 + post i will include with the cue my north wales ultimate case that i have also listed on panjo. Now that has got to be a bargain! [color="#ff0000"remember this deal is will only stand for two weeks.][/color]

Comment

Working...
                                X