Swivel top antique Diner for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swivel top antique Diner for sale

Due to house renovation and knocking dining room dividing wall into Kitchen diner , I have been informed by my wife to sell the Slate bed Billiard dining table that was built around 1900 and sold by Gamage's department store in Holborn london est 1878 ,
    I think though not 100% sure but the table's at Gamage's department store where made by two Table makers , first one George wright and second one George Edwards , due to the leg NOT being reeded , a typical design for most of George wright tables , I would say it is a George Edwards table ,
    Gamage's would not put makers name on their retail tables just the Gamages badge , An unusual part of this table is that it has self leveling screw down Pads on each leg , most swivel top diners do not have this . and are therfore hard to level .
    Condition wise the 6 foot slate bed table has been rerubbered and covered recently with not much use at all and is as new .
    The Table polish on dining side and legs will require a repolish to bring up to 100% standard , but I prefer it in its rustic antique condition .
    two airline cracks in dining top ( NOT SLATE BED ) these could be repaired by taking table apart and glueing biscuit shapes into them for a strong bond .
    My asking price is £1500 , which will include two cues balls and triangle and scoreboard .
    I have it advertised on Elston and hopkin web site in their snooker mart section , ( a good place to sell or buy tablesdirect from customer ) there are picture's of it on there with my daughter demonstrating the swivel action .
    At Hamilton billiards this table full renovated would be in excess of £3000 . so half renvated it is worth £1500 .
    I could deliver for a small fuel fee if local to Nottm /Derby border a52 /M1 junction get in touch if distance is greater , but would prefer the buyer to veiw rather than me just turn up with it before buying . try the link to see the picture .
    I also have a Gamage's 1914 book with original advertisement of the table in for refferance . it is advertised as 6x3 playing area and 7x4 dining table and priced in 1914 at £18-10shillings in mahogany .
    It is now sat in my Garage awaiting a buyer .

www.elstonandhopkin.co.uk

click on url above , go to Snooker mart in above bar on that site , slide down to snooker tables ad look ar roll over diner .

Geoff Large

c.large@btinternet.com
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 26 October 2008, 02:27 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com
Working...
X