Leather Cue Cases - Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Cue Cases - Maintenance

I recently bought a leather patchwork cue case and already the leather is starting to scuff at each end. Can anyone recommend anything I can use to protect the case from damage? Cheers

End protectors! Paul Roberts makes them, so does Tony Glover and Dave Coutts does too. Problem is they spoil the looks of the case a little bit. You can maybe jury-rig something yourself, but I've yet to see something that was efficient and looked good.
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Many thanks. Any idea how I can contact them? Do they have websites?

Comment

Paul Roberts, Stamford Cuemakers 01780 765759; Dave Coutts, Coutts Cues 01522 883083; Tony Glover, Glover Cues 01283 550551. Try them and see what they say!

By the way they all have websites, but Tony Glover's is under construction at the mo'!
        Last edited by KeithinFrance; 27 January 2009, 12:55 PM.
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I use the grip tape that is on skateboards, any skateboard shop will have it in stock, cut into narrow stripes and stick on the end. it's is hardwareing stuff..

Comment

Have you tried rubbing it with a tiny bit of vaseline, it can bring back the sheen. Or just use shoe polish...
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Cheers chaps (particularly Keith!), thanks for the advice much appreciated.

Comment

No problem... any time I can be of help, especially to a guy named Johnny Cash!

Comment

This is a big problem with leather cases...

Comment

you have to be very careful with them obviously, and sad as it sounds, a lick of boot polish provides a barrier to protect (just like shoes!) and also covers scuffs very well

Comment

Working...
                    X