Snooker Ball help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Ball help

I'm looking to buy a.set of snooker balls and wonders whether it's worth the extra money to buy the Aramith TC superpro 1Gs or are the standard TCs the same balls but with wider 3g tolerance?
    I'm not a serious player but fed up with our clubs old dodgy balls.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

They are exactly the same balls, but with a 1g set someone in the Aramith factory has sat there and weighed each ball in the set to get the 1g set tolerance correct.

In my 3g set which I weighed each ball, there was only two balls outside this tolerance anyway. Only real bonus is you get a case to carry them in but tbh you can buy a better one online cheaper anyway if you go for a 3g set.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

As CC says 3G are absolutely fine. You’ll love playing with them. Treat them right and they’ll last for years. Be careful where you buy them from. Few dodgy sellers around. If they’re cheap I’d be suspicious.

Comment

I have the 3 g set and got a ball case from peradon which holds 26 balls and is a well made case .I use a few different whites ,it’s the white that gets the hammer so is good to rotate a few ,no good good having a 1 g set if you use the same white all the time as it wears out faster .The 1g silver metal case is rubbish anyway ,the 3G set is more than Good enough ,I doubt anyone could tell the difference between the sets .

Comment

I have a set of Aramith Super Crystalate balls, in a case. Practically new as they haven't seen much use as I prefer my set of original SC's. I'm open to offers of around fifty quid plus postage of around a tenner as they are quite weighty.

http://
          Last edited by vmax; 15 May 2021, 07:37 PM.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

That's a steal vmax.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Super crystalite is a better ball IMO

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                Super crystalite is a better ball IMO
                These are Aramith SC's mikee, it's debateable whether they are the same material as the original SC's made by The Composite Ball Company, whom Aramith took over, as the box they were bought in stated 'made from phenolic resin'. Aramith owned the super crystalate trade name after their takeover so they could simply be TC's branded as SC's. They don't play the same as my original SC's, they make a softer click on contact so my belief is that they are actually TC's, but they do weigh within a gramme of each other so a very good set, top of Aramith's range at the time.
                There was a post on the forum a few years back from someone in the know who said that Aramith had to continue to make SC's after their takeover as World Snooker woudn't use anything else, but once they (Aramith) decided to stop production of SC's World Snooker had no choice but to endorse the new phenolic resin Aramith balls.
                Who the hell knows, Aramith won't tell, World Snooker won't tell either as I asked and got no reply.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                  I have a set of Aramith Super Crystalate balls, in a case. Practically new as they haven't seen much use as I prefer my set of original SC's. I'm open to offers of around fifty quid plus postage of around a tenner as they are quite weighty.

http://
                  I'm interested vmax. Although I'm afraid the postage to India may be the killer.

Comment

I have an original set of supers but they are a bit chipped and dull now but they make more of a click sound than the Aramith balls which are a duller tone ,as Vmax says no one really knows when the takeover to the new ball was ,it was a gradual faze out .,probably around 1990 .

Comment

Mejasper71 - I have both 3g and 1g TCs sets, and really do not see any difference - what is noticeable is when they get dirty from poorly maintained tables, so keep them clean
                      So every now and then (depending on how often they are used) put on your favourite movie, settle down and give them a clean and polish (I would suggest getting the Aramith stuff).
                      Also I would say, NEVER, NEVER let anyone else use your balls (even your best friend) unless you are there as well!
                      apart from all that, enjoy, have fun, play well and be safe
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Mejasper71 - I have both 3g and 1g TCs sets, and really do not see any difference - what is noticeable is when they get dirty from poorly maintained tables, so keep them clean
                        So every now and then (depending on how often they are used) put on your favourite movie, settle down and give them a clean and polish (I would suggest getting the Aramith stuff).
                        Also I would say, NEVER, NEVER let anyone else use your balls (even your best friend) unless you are there as well!
                        apart from all that, enjoy, have fun, play well and be safe
                        Good advice Dean, I've known a few people saying they've ended up with " mix n match" sets!!! No one wants one of those, you will definitely notice the difference when a couple of 130 gram balls appear in your set and start pinging off the others like table tennis balls!! ​​​​​​​​​​
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

https://www.craftsmancues.com/acatal...ker_balls.html
                          Have a look at this. 100 GBP extra for a flimsy aluminium case. The 139 for the 3G set looks ok to me. Craftsman Cues are a trustworthy company IMO.

Comment

This thread has reminded me that I must give my balls a good polish in readiness for tomorrow ..... I bet I won’t be the only one doing that today

Comment

Balls now sold to John Flaf

Comment

Working...
                              X