Snooker Table Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Table Lights

So table ordered, now lights. On my pool table, I have a modernised version of the traditional 4 downlghter setup with LED bulbs. Works well.

The table will be in a 10m x 6m room with a ceiling height of around 8.5ft. So what lights? The newer LED strip up high vs hanging traditional? High up for spread or just to cover the table? What should I be considering to make the choice? Input appreciated!

we now have two 5ft duet louvre units over each table with high-frequency hung at 5ft above the playing surface; replaces the old coffins, amazing how much space and light the room now has
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

found the photo I took last year
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

There are better, flatter LED Panels you can get now .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I've just looked at a 2016 thread on here also. So the current LED model would be this one? https://www.dextragroup.co.uk/dextra...ucts/duet-led/

Specifically this?
          DUE L70 TPA Duet LED, 1500mm, 4146llm, TPA diffuser, Colour 84 38.3W 108
          Is the diffuser a problem? I note that abcsnooker sells similar lights without a diffuser. I would be going LED not fluorescent ideally.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
            There are better, flatter LED Panels you can get now .
            Crossed post - any suggestions on which?

Comment

Something like this , but there are a few companies out there that make them .........Goggle is your friend !!!!

Super Slim LED Panel Light 40w c/w Driver - Daylight | LEDlite (LTSP40DL) (tlc-direct.co.uk)
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                found the photo I took last year

That’s what I put up a few years ago ,mounted mine straight into ceiling 4 - 5 foot tubes .Got mine at a fraction of the price ,that peradon lighting is just office lighting ,it’s set the same in silver reflective compartments .Tubes or led are all better than the old canopy system .

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                  Something like this , but there are a few companies out there that make them .........Goggle is your friend !!!!

Super Slim LED Panel Light 40w c/w Driver - Daylight | LEDlite (LTSP40DL) (tlc-direct.co.uk)
                  Yes - thanks. I can google LED lights obviously no problem, but it doesn't mean that they are suitable or recommended for snooker. But basically, any old flat panel LED light as long as it's around 5ft above the table and bright enough?

Comment

Martin.

My shed ceiling is about 2.2m so quite low, I went with 3x flat LED panel lights, nice and bright and they don’t dazzle your eyes if you look at them. Like you I was worried about the office style lights and not having enough height for the pool of light to cover the whole table properly. The only plus side with the office style lights is that they keep the light directed downwards, the flat LED panels have a very wide spread of light.

Hope that helps?
                    Last edited by Danger Steve; 16 June 2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                      Martin.

My shed ceiling is about 2.2m so quite low, I went with 3x flat LED panel lights, nice and bright and they don’t dazzle your eyes if you look at them. Like you I was worried about the office style lights and not having enough height for the pool of light to cover the whole table properly. The only plus side with the office style lights is that they keep the light directed downwards, the flat LED panels have a very wide spread of light.

Hope that helps?
                      Thanks Steve - if you have it at your fingertips, what size (and wattage)?

Comment

I used these:

https://www.gws-led.co.uk/products/5...17546286956655

I was recommended these by Steve Barton who also uses the same panel LED’s

You can buy a cable hanging kits, for my build I just knocked up a timber frame to support them and to gain maximum distance from the table!

Comment

I like the idea of using LED flat panels, I assume you've used two 2ft x 4ft panels above the table? Do you have any photos to share of your light setup?

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy_V View Post
                            I like the idea of using LED flat panels, I assume you've used two 2ft x 4ft panels above the table? Do you have any photos to share of your light setup?
                            Take a look at ‘Project Snooker Shed’. Loads of photos on there.

Comment

Originally Posted by MartinY View Post
                              So table ordered, now lights. On my pool table, I have a modernised version of the traditional 4 downlghter setup with LED bulbs. Works well.

The table will be in a 10m x 6m room with a ceiling height of around 8.5ft. So what lights? The newer LED strip up high vs hanging traditional? High up for spread or just to cover the table? What should I be considering to make the choice? Input appreciated!
                              For our new club, we installed individual LED panels via a small frame structure, 7 panels per table, reaching more light than necessary. Very pleasant to play, close to no shadow at all, and the small shadow left under the balls is quite symmetrical. Price was expensive from my point of view, half of the price was the aluminium frame, around 500-600€? We have some electricians in our club who did it. Would definitly recommend that after playing it. In case you are interested in the panels characteristics, I can probably look them up.

Comment

Working...
                              X