Tip Trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip Trimming

I've been doing a little work on my tip ( not very good ) and had to 'shorten' it, so rather than have 4-5mm of tip at the end of the cue i've probably got about 1.5-2mm.
    Apart from shortening it's life, are there any drawbacks to this, aesthetically I really like it, when I look down the cue now I cant see the tip just the end of the ferrule.
    Any thoughts.
    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

My first thought is that you may get mis-cues and damage the ball due to the ferrule edge hitting the cue ball when you play extreme shots.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I think that for small tipped cues, tips come too long when you buy them, and I tend to cut off the top with a razor before I start shaping. I reckon i'm in the middle ground, probably 3mm or thereabouts when finished and played in. If it's a pressed tip, bear in mind that it'll probably flatten a touch as you play it in, so 1-1.5mm is going to end up even shorter than that.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        My first thought is that you may get mis-cues and damage the ball due to the ferrule edge hitting the cue ball when you play extreme shots.
        Good chance of ripping or damaging the cloth too

Comment

I prefer my big tip

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
            Good chance of ripping or damaging the cloth too
            yep!, that too!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

And it can get harder too if its an Elk.

Comment

It's not as bad as I made out, doubt I would damage ball or cloth here is a not too flattering pic.

Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Bloody hell john, there are literally no sides to that tip! That’s a cloth ripper if you miscue!

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                    It's not as bad as I made out, doubt I would damage ball or cloth here is a not too flattering pic.

I would take that off straight away and start again.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                    X