Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a physical Shot Clock

Hi,

I am new to the forum, but could not find anything regarding shot clocks at all. Might introduce myself officially if this is adequate as well

I am german, president of a small Snooker Club and in my thirties.

For over year now, we play little Shootouts every now and then, one tournament (internally) already. It is quite fun and faster to realize than bigger tournaments. Shotclock was always done via an app from Google Play Store, nothing is available for IOS users. Therefore I thought it would be good to have a physical shotclock in the club, for everybody to use. I did not find anything to buy though.

Does anybody here might have a good idea? I am good with woodworks, but electronics would not bea easy to create myself. Thought shortly about a raspberry pi, but this is a lot of work to initially start with.

Intended would be a standalone solution with a display and speaker, maybe possibility to connect a TV (HDMI) as additional display for tournaments. Reset button, Restart Button and a Pause button plus On/Off is sufficient. The build-in display (or two) would be sufficient in a very simple way, just needs to display time (10/15 seconds + frame time) and maybe colours (green/red).

Any idea? Solutions somewhere, I did not find?
    Thanks a lot!

mr.f

Hi,

my contribution so far is a (non-responsive) website, that does cover the basic functions, but does not work well on mobile and even worse on iOS and does not support my designed one-button-usage:
    look at this incredible work!

I want to do it again, getting rid of many of the known issues, have it responsive to users screensize and orientation and operatable with one click of the mouse after the frame has started (to pause shotclock, press and hold a button, to restart release the button). A lot to do, for someone with no experience in Javascript, so if someone here is willing to support me with it, I'd love to go on.

I even have a Raspberry Pi and a 10" monitor, as soon as the website works, I will set up the pi to autostart into that in full screen mode and have it used with a mouse. All housed in a wooden box, maybe connected with some red indicator light. Would be a moveable Shotclock then.

Comment

It is responsive now and Touch/Click compatible. Intention was to make it as easy as possible, best case is, you do not have to look at the phone to reset the 15/10 second timer.
      https://shotclock-v3.netlify.app/

unfortunately, sounds do not work properly with iOS devices, everything else is fine.

For the raspberry I would need another version though. Still working on it.

Comment

Working...
      X