Snooker room/ garden room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker room/ garden room

Hi, after years of nagging my wife to let me build a snooker room at the bottom of the garden she has finally agreed to let me as long as I don’t buy a new motorbike anyways I was hoping for any advice from anyone else that might have done something similar ? Thinking of getting drawings made up and some builders to quote on work but would like to see some others rooms that members might have had done something similar, what they had built? how they had it built ? and how they might have done things differently now that they have rooms finished.

ola ashbash

firstly, I would read the following topic where this precisely happened

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...t-snooker-shed
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks got a lot of reading to do but this looks very similar to the set up I’m looking to achieve

Comment

Steve did most of the work himself ,so could keep costs down ,what’s your maximum budget if you don’t mind me asking .Any problems you can see with planning .What table are you thinking about .

Comment

Well I will not be doing any work as my diy skills are almost non existent. Used to try decorating and the odd other bits and bobs around the house very quickly learned it was more expensive doing myself then paying someone to come fix my mistakes. As for budget I’m not cast iron sure what road I will go down so that’s up in the air till I have drawings and quotes back but would hope possibly a figure of 15-20k completely finished. We need to replace the garden hut and the back of our garden is 12 meters from fence to fence so ideally one building with a wall splitting snooker room to shed/storage area. Our gardens about 24 meters from back of house to bottom so fairly large to accommodate the room and still leave a garden for grandkids to play when there up usual stuff trade off is my wife finally gets the garden sorted out and I don’t buy another motorbike. As for planning that could be an issue if my previous dealings with edinburgh council re anything to go by ? I would ideally like a solid non combustible built room but depending on costs against timber structure that could change I really have no idea as yet to costs so hard to say till I cross that road. Finally for table I would love an aristocratic table they have one at Bathgate I really like it over the star tables but that’s just me my mate all say the opposite. I’ve been looking at tables but I’m a long way off so could end up with anything if it’s right for me when the time comes.

Comment

Well good luck and I hope it goes well on the planning ,sounds like you have plenty of room . Riley. Aristracrat Is a good table ,Star are cheap wood low quality tables .

Comment

I have experience of building my own room and having seen and visited other builds. I can safely say 20k is closer to reality if not more! All depends on the total size and some other factors.

Im about to head off out but I may chip in some more later today

Comment

Working...
              X