Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip Glue

Sorry If this has already been asked!

Just curious to what glue is best to stick down a new tip? ANy old super glue or some specific one?

Thanks

Don't use normal super glue as it will soak into the tip and make it as hard as a rock. Super glue GEL on the other hand is very good.

I always use Tweeten's ten minute cement. Haven't read any reviews about it
    but IMO it's pretty good. Holds the tip in place and doesn't affect playability.

cheers

Comment

Go with loctite super glue. i had the same problem for years. Loctite is the best i've ever seen for sticking. These purpose made tip cements are abismal.. But be sure you get the Gel Glue, Not The liquid based. The liquid will soak into your tip and destroy it. Use a small amount.. apply a clamp for maybe 10/15mis, cut away excess tip, begin shaping; gently at first.

Comment

Tip clamps are the work of the devil!

If you use super glue you shouldn't need a clamp.

I agree gel is the best though but others think that normal is all right.
        I've never found a cement any good.
        Araldite is good but needs a clamp.

I remember that Craftsman use something funny?
        Can't remember what it was though.

Comment

Found it
          Craftsman use evostick

Comment

[QUOTE=Watford;359030]Tip clamps are the work of the devil!QUOTE]

I used to think the same until a crafty cue maker showed me this one that goes over the top and doesn't actually 'Clamp' the side of the cue and leave ugly dimples!! But you're right, with the super glue you really don't need the clamp as a necesssary!

Comment

I remember as a kid my Dad clamping my cue and denting it.
              Still not forgiven him and it was a Riley he got for free from a rep.

Comment

Ok great, thanks for the help!

Comment

loctite superglue gel.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Evostic by a country mile :snooker:
                    Welsh Is Best

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      loctite superglue gel.
                      100% aggree. i used normal superglue just fine for years, but you havo to put a little on the bottom of the tip first to create a small layer of it... that way the tip doesnt soak up loads when you actually put it on.

started using the gel though a few months bak and it gived you 2 or 3 seconds to make sure you have it ligned up correctly. so wouldnt use anything else now.

Comment

Agree entirely with earlier posts.............Loctite superglue gel.

Comment

I think Evostik Impact Adhesive is one of the best glues to stick tip on cues. Dave from Craftsman Cues recommanded to me. I still use it on my snooker cue.

Comment

I have some tape here they stick bits of planes together with. Wonder if that would work :snooker:
                            sigpic <---New Website
                            Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                            X