Joe Davis Pot Black Trophy on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

must have

i was lucky enough to pick up the pot black trophy and that came through a dealer who dealt with the clearance firm who emptied her home in london so she must have..........i bet there are some lovely collectables milling around out there now...and probably sitting somewhere with people who havent a clue about their desireability.....god bless her of course..

Comment

i would pay a good chunk of money for his cue!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        How much??
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Right Now Not Much I Am Skint! - But A Few Grand Anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

Last i heard it was on show in Liverpool !

Comment

cue

its in the thurstons museum i beleive...theyve had it for years...

Comment

Originally Posted by pauls1776 View Post
                i was lucky enough to pick up the pot black trophy and that came through a dealer who dealt with the clearance firm who emptied her home in london so she must have..........i bet there are some lovely collectables milling around out there now...and probably sitting somewhere with people who havent a clue about their desireability.....god bless her of course..
                Oh so you were the one that outbid me for the trophy in the couple of mins of the auction. Well done to you anyway and i hope you enjoy the trophy just as much as i would've done.
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

its in the thurstons museum i beleive...theyve had it for years...
                  i must admit i have never been but might make an effort to do so - sad that but i want to see it!

Comment

cue

it,ll be in sheffield for the duration of the world championships in a glass case with some other personal items of his...

Comment

thanks for letting me know.

Comment

trophy

to be honest spike i was astonished to see it on e bay....ive got about a dozen videos i bought in the crucible from roger lees shop about 10 years ago.and havent even looked at the boxes for all that time..and this week i bought a combined video/dvd player and just picked up randomly any video i could pick up out of dozens of videos which i have and picked up this one box.....i put it in to try out my new toy and it was the joe davis story..and a little bit in low and behold on come a piece with alan weeks presenting joe with this replica of a pot black trophy in regard to his services to snooker and pot black,,,,,i looked at it and just in passing thought i wonder what happened to that........and that was that....and what the heck...there it was on e bay this week......i couldnt beleive it.....and the bid was 249.99......i thought to myself theres a lot of people whos not seen this (but may be lurking in the background)and it would be def out of my league......so i thought.go on .have a go.....you know the feeling...shall i go for that long black or not.....so like always i went for it...!!! but this time i potted it !!..but i thought there would be a last minute flurry.....so my high bid was 519.00....but i thought it would be an easy grand....if not more.a lot more..as theres only one................i think some collectors just didnt know it was there to be honest......i beleive it is genuine with the provenance from the clearing house........now to find a pic of the presentation and a nice glass case....

Comment

it,ll be in sheffield for the duration of the world championships in a glass case with some other personal items of his...
                          Are they bringing back the heritage room then?
                          TSF World Champion 2010
                          TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                          BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

heritage room

i havent been for about 6 years i think...didnt know they stopped it...apologies if they have...

Comment

It would be a shame if it didn't return. As Roger Lee said Snooker needs its own museum.

Anyway apparently there is another trophy on e-bay believed to be presented to Joe Davis

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JOE-DAVIS-TROP...1%7C240%3A1318
                              TSF World Champion 2010
                              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

to be honest spike i was astonished to see it on e bay....ive got about a dozen videos i bought in the crucible from roger lees shop about 10 years ago.and havent even looked at the boxes for all that time..and this week i bought a combined video/dvd player and just picked up randomly any video i could pick up out of dozens of videos which i have and picked up this one box.....i put it in to try out my new toy and it was the joe davis story..and a little bit in low and behold on come a piece with alan weeks presenting joe with this replica of a pot black trophy in regard to his services to snooker and pot black,,,,,i looked at it and just in passing thought i wonder what happened to that........and that was that....and what the heck...there it was on e bay this week......i couldnt beleive it.....and the bid was 249.99......i thought to myself theres a lot of people whos not seen this (but may be lurking in the background)and it would be def out of my league......so i thought.go on .have a go.....you know the feeling...shall i go for that long black or not.....so like always i went for it...!!! but this time i potted it !!..but i thought there would be a last minute flurry.....so my high bid was 519.00....but i thought it would be an easy grand....if not more.a lot more..as theres only one................i think some collectors just didnt know it was there to be honest......i beleive it is genuine with the provenance from the clearing house........now to find a pic of the presentation and a nice glass case....
                                you would have lost to me had i been paying attention!

Comment

Working...
                                X