Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips

Hi all, another question please, how long will an unused tip last in its box?, I ask because I have a dozen unused Grand tips, they have been kept in the drawer under my bed lol, the only thing is, I bought them just before the first lockdown, so around Jan/Feb 2020, will they have gone off by now?.
    cheers Carpy

nah they should be fine as long as they have not been in sunlight or damp atmosphere they should be fine for years

I have some tips from 90s that are still good
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks DeanH, but I am assuming the tip on my cue will need replacing, that was put on around Jan 2020, I used it a few times until lockdown, since then the cue has been in its case lol.

Comment

unless the tip has worn down to a sliver or has mis-shapened and wont take new shaping, or has split or decompressed; it should be fine; OK I don't play much snooker, about once a week for 4 hours and my tips last years and years.
        My pool cue gets more use and still the tip lasts for many years.

If the tip is all ok and still works for you, don't mess with it - there is no best before date with tips, in the box or on the cue
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

When storing tips the thing to avoid is extreme temperatures. If you leave a box of tips in direct sunlight, then the heat will draw out the existing moisture in the tips and they will go very hard. It is best to store boxes of tips in those plastic bags that have a seal on them and store them out of sunlight and at room temperature.

Comment

Working...
          X