Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here. What cue tips should I buy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here. What cue tips should I buy ?

What cue tips should I buy ?
    I previously used the Elkmaster 9.5 mm (or 10 mm) cue tips.

It's time for me to buy the cue tips again
    I was hesitant because when I search the Elkmaster cue tips in ebay and amazon, I was not sure if they were fake or not

If anyone here is in US and have purchased the elkmaster cue tips (or any other brands), could you recommend the models and the place to buy (if possible)?

Thanks !

Nielsens Billiards on ebay are reliable. Otherwise, can't go wrong with Seyberts. Both do elks. As for alternatives, it depends what you want. I like a fairly hard layered tip, but they're not for everyone, not least because they're pretty expensive (the price of a whole box of Elks in some cases)
    Last edited by Mark187187; 12 September 2023, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I used used to use Elks back in the day and found over the years most Elks were poor out of the box
      Then a friend here on TSF got me onto Mike Wooldridge Supertips (after the poor period back in the day) they are great and have the feel and touch and chalk behaviour like a GOOD Elk.
      They are easy to fit, to shape, take chalk, keep chalk, and hold their shape.

https://handmadecues.com/product/mw_supertips/

Apparently out of stock at the moment.
      I have one 10mm spare Supertip that I am willing to "let go"!
      Not sure about delivery to USA - done it before but not cheap -

BUT as of today a friend of one of my sons has arrived from USA to visit, I could hand it to him and he send it to you from Pennsylvania onto you once he is back home?
      Would that work?

Nothing like timing
      Let me know. We have a couple of week to work this out
      Last edited by DeanH; 12 September 2023, 11:02 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks all for the info !

Comment

I asked the friend and he is happy to carry the tip to US and then post onto you
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
          X