Female Mini Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Mini Butt

After some traumatic Google search results... I'm going to ask the question here...

I have a Peradon 3/4 snooker cue, which I use for snooker. However, on occasion I play pool at a friends place and occasionally have a shot where my cue is too long (backing on to a wall). For this purpose, I'd love to find a mini butt for the cue, so I can shorten my cue when needed. However, every mini butt I find online is a "male" mini butt, which isn't compatible with the cue which also has a "male" connector.

Does anybody know where one can pick up a female mini butt (stop sniggering!)?

MW makes his 3/4 joints with female butt and mini butt - or at least he used to - for the exact reason
    I doubt his joints will match yours.
    I have a feeling you may need to go to a cuemaker/doctor and get them to make you the mini to fit.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I don't think you will find a Peradon one as their joint is proprietary. You can however buy the whole joint here - https://www.woodscues.com/products/c...t-or-extension

Then you could get one made from an off cut. Couple of guys on here could possibly do it for you for a fee.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thanks for the info Dean and Crafty, seems like this may be a fruitless search. Though, I guess there is some hope in getting one custom-made, however, I suspect that could get expensive.

Comment

or modify the one you have?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            or modify the one you have?
            With my skills this would only end one way... a broken cue!

Comment

Not only are all mini butts fitted with male connectors, for obvious reasons, but you'll never find one with a joint that's the same as the one in your cue. Peradon joints are made in house and therefore exclusive and the only way you'll get one is to ask Peradon if they will sell you one.
              If they will then a short cue extension can be made for your cue.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

This may help quite a few people - new product.

https://greenbaize.com/gbl-figured-f...-thread-2.html
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                X