Bespoke cue case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bespoke cue case

I made a cue case to solve the problems associated with catching hinges and locks on car upholstery & other things. I've just joined & welcome any comments or improvements I could include in my next attempt.

Looks lovely. Is it as strong as a Cue Craft case? Extra storage space like a Cue craft case would be a plus.

Comment

I can't say for sure if it is stronger than a cue craft case. I have a few Aluminium cases and it is much more robust than them. The link at the bottom of the post shows an earlier case for a 3/4 split cue with a couple of compartments for chalk etc.

Comment

Nice looking well made case. Would benefit from some internal protection/padding for the cue and probably some form of carrying handle. I know a handle may spoil the clean lines of the design but its practical.
        /
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I am looking at bespoke shaped internal protection. There are so many fabrics to choose from I did not want to line it with something people don't like, so I left the prototype unlined.
          Another dilemma was that I loved the curved ends but it was pointed out that the case could not stand on its end, the compromise was one square end & one curved end.
          The other issue was the handle. It seemed pointless to get everyting sleek then add a protruding handle. I askled around and some don't use their handle, so for now I'll keep it without.
          There are a couple of options, adding textured panels for grip or a shallow recess in the centre of the lid. Unfortunately it already costs an arm and a leg to make so the next prototype may be a few months away.

Comment

I would like both ends rounded,the square ends look quite sharp and may catch seats etc when getting it in and out the car. Beautifull looking case though.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
            X