Wooden Cue Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Cue Case

OK after much debate with people on this forum over which aluminium cue case to buy, i decided to buy a wooden one off a guy on ebay I promised i would post pics once it arrives so here we go.
    I paid 25 pounds including postage for the case so i was not expecting the world to begin with. Turns out the "leather" strap is blatantly a piece of belt! Having said that it does work quite well as a handle and new handles are not exactly hard to come by. Still debating whether or not to decorate it in some way. The current top idea is to get a friend of mine to burn a design into it with one of those heat pens.

Now it may not be the prettiest case that has ever existed, but it does actually function very well as a case. The hinges and locks are very strong and the foam inside keeps the cue from moving around at all.

P.S. Feel free to laugh at my case if you like and you may laugh at my hideously painted cue as well
    Last edited by RGCirencester; 9 March 2009, 06:41 PM.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Cool!

Firstly, I'd be tempted to splurge on a few more manly hinges and clasps... then...
    I think the plain "blank canvas" wood calls out for a little pimping as ... saaaayyyy... a Mason's Level.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Joke or not; I would love a case like a spirit level Sure, I'd look a bit stupid but now that is Cool!

Comment

Rob, pal, I'd just like to say that I think you got a great deal there. I'm not going to laugh at your case, I think it's very ingeniously made, and a belt as carry strap, why not? It'll be softer than many others are and that's not a bad thing! Sure, dividers would be good to protect your pride & joy when it arrives, but at the mo it does the job.

However, the duvet, Rob, the duvet ... what is that all about? Lol
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Right heres the story behind the duvet... i walked into the shop... looked around... and picked the cheapest one they had And the case is actually very good for protecting the cue, you have to compress the foam to close it so even if you shake the case hard the cue doesnt rattle at all. I'm personally quite happy with it!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
            Right heres the story behind the duvet... i walked into the shop... looked around... and picked the cheapest one they had Don't believe you! That's a present from your Mum or your Gran, isn't it? And the case is actually very good for protecting the cue, you have to compress the foam to close it so even if you shake the case hard the cue doesnt rattle at all. I'm personally quite happy with it!
            I think you should be happy with the case, it looks grand. Now, about the design you're going to get etched onto it ...
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

case = mild smile

functional but unattractive. bit like ferret actually

duvet = pmsl

'snooze', 'chill', 'slumber' - comes to something when you need instructions for bedtime
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Pmsl, Mike? In English, please.

Comment

Mike is back, full of dry wisdom.....lol

Comment

You forgot "dream" I like it which is what matters... Anyone got any suggestions for decorating it? Except for spirit level styley

I was thinking a simple design would be my name in fancy letters on one side and an 8 ball on the other

Comment

btw. Keith... JGI!!! (just google it ) i didn't know either apparently its ****ed myself laughing

Comment

Myself is one word, no? Why not pml?

I like JGI, it's nice.

I like your initials on the case, you just have to choose nice lettering, of course. But the 8 ball? Nearly as tacky as the spirit level.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                          Nearly as tacky as the spirit level.
                          Spirit level? Tacky? Never

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post

You forgot "dream"
                            i also forgot wet....

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                            Myself is one word, no? Why not pml?
                            good point. but don't shoot the messenger, i never coined the phrase.

of course, if one is posh, one could posl, and it would be grammatically correct
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Ok maybe not an 8 ball, it was the simplest thing to draw i could think of.... How about a dragon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X