"Tournament" and "Premier" full size Aramith balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tournament" and "Premier" full size Aramith balls

Alright lads I need to get a new set of full size snooker balls. I can't really afford the tournament balls but would it effect my game massively if I used the Premier one's every day at home? What are the differences?

Thanks.

Premier balls are about 7 grams lighter. If you are an experienced player you will definatly feel the difference, but probably you should be able to adapt. Anyway, aramith balls last very long... so I would go for tournament balls...
    WVandeweyer Photography - Trevor White Cues Photo Collection (site)

Comment

is there any difference between tournament and super cristalate? I think that super cristalate are a bit lighter
      You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
      BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Isn't lighter balls better ? u can screw back more

Comment

I think that you get a better feel when you are playing with tournament champion... so beautiful to play with
          You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I know they cost alot but I think I'll go for the tournament balls. Only €90 with craftsman and I'll be getting a cue from them too.

Comment

buy one set of "Premier" and a single white of "Tournament"

Comment

I wouldn't bother messing around with different sets of balls. Just get a set of Aramith Tournament Champions, simple. In the 'long run' you'll save a lot.

Comment

Are there any major differences between tournament and super cristalate?
                  Are they the same weight or heavier ball is better in term of playablity?

Comment

Originally Posted by labamba View Post
                    Thanks for your responses. I know they cost alot but I think I'll go for the tournament balls. Only €90 with craftsman and I'll be getting a cue from them too.
                    Labamba Did you buy the tournament balls from Craftsman? I'm looking to buy a set of balls myself and need a bit of advise. Are the tournament ones worth the money for someone who is an average player. Do they make much difference? Any comments would be appreciated.

Comment

straight to the point: they are worth it. completely different feel!

Comment

How much are these balls in UK?
                        王可

Comment

tournament champion balls have completely different feel to the normal ones,they are heavier and you get different bite and takes time getting used to.
                          Tournament champion are far superior the the cheaper ones.
                          My deep screw shot
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Played with TC balls last week, completly different feel. Alot heavier. Much more solid 'hit'.
                            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Aramith Tournament Champion balls are 142g, Aramith Premier are 128g. 14g difference.
                              Whatever you do, make sure that you're not playing with ATC object balls and a premier white (this happens a lot when replacement whites are ordered and a lighter white is sent by default because they are cheaper and some suppliers don't know shíte).
                              The white ball must be the same weight as the object balls or you won't improve.
                              There's an old post on this thread where somebody recommends to buy an ATC white and Premier object balls. Don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X