Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Glue Do You Use To Re-tip Your Cue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Glue Do You Use To Re-tip Your Cue ?

What glue do you use to re-tip your cue ? Someone told me that some glues seep into the tip making it brittle is this true ?

Which glue or adhesive do you feel is the best for re-tipping so that I can buy a nice supply of them instead changing and using different glues everytime I want to re-tip

Note to Neol - Please do not suggest chewing gum

Thanks All
    Last edited by samad; 18 July 2009, 06:19 AM. Reason: minor tweaks were required

gel superglue

Comment

The same..
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Araldite for over night glue or loctite gel for fast action.

Kev
        Last edited by MasterBreak147; 18 July 2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I use Loctite superglue gel in a squeezable bottle, i got fed up of using the tubes only to find the lid would end up getting stuck on after i've used it a couple of times.

Comment

Evo Stik nothing better :snooker:
            Welsh Is Best

Comment

i always use superglue gel

Comment

Same here!

Comment

Same! Gel superglue!

Comment

I guess Gel Superglue it is . Thanks all you guys

Comment

Hi i use epoxy resin.It takes about 20 minutes to cure which gives you just enough time to prepare your cue and your new tip. Any type epoxy is sufficient Araldite appears to be the most expensive but i have always used the cheaper versions of epoxy and find that they work just as well.:snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
                      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Loctite Super Glue gel.
                        In 15 years of re-tipping (for many many people), I have never had one tip come off...apart from being cut off!
                        I can highly recommend.

Comment

epoxy resin ... I used to use superglue gel but the tips always fell off after a week of play ... maybe I'm just no good at glueing ...

my advice would be though, as well as preparing the cue nicely, do make sure you sand the flat side of the tip really really well ... certainly ElkMasters come coated with blue dye ... sand it until it's gone - until you see light blue rather than the dark blue dye ...

as well as no doubt the tip will suddenly go awol as with superglue, the other big advantage of epoxy resin is you have loads of time to check and reposition the tip ... with fingers and thumbs and eyes like mine, that's a serious benefit

Comment

Cheap alternative might be UHU "allskerber" I think that's how its spelt! The all purpose glue. Small tube, yellow?? It works quite alright! Give you time to place the tip if its a bit off center. And can be wiped off easily.

Comment

Looks like superglue gel is the one then. In reference to the superglue seeping into the tip and making it brittle, this once happened to me when I used ordinary superglue (not gel) and in my numptiness, put on a little too much which dripped over the side of the tip and created a permanent hard spot (and I mean hard). Any time I wanted to put left hand side on, I had to turn the cue through 90 degrees. Needless to say, It didn't last long before I got sick of it and cut it off.
                              Next time I'll go somewhere other than the poundshop, and get Gel

Comment

Working...
                              X