Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cues For Under £40?

Hey Guys,
    Just Wondering If Anybody Knows Were I Can Buy A Cue (A Well Known Brand) For Under £40.
    A One Peice Cue Preferably, If Not, Even A 3/4 Split Cue Would Do Perfectly Fine.
    Thanks
    Scottish Snooker :snooker:
    2009 - Under 16's Home Internationalist And Part Of "The Auld Enemy Clash"

Originally Posted by Thomas_Mc_147 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Just Wondering If Anybody Knows Were I Can Buy A Cue (A Well Known Brand) For Under £40.
    A One Peice Cue Preferably, If Not, Even A 3/4 Split Cue Would Do Perfectly Fine.
    Thanks
    If you are talking about À well known brand`more than likely you are talking about a cue made in China. Remember, you get what you pay for. Some of these cues can be quite good, but personally I would opt for a UK made cue from an established manufacturer.
    If you are serious about your snooker Id say save a few quid and go for the quality made product. When you buy cheap... You buy twice !
    When you but cheap... You buy twice !

Comment

BCE are well known

Comment

BCE or Riley for a cue of that money and you cant go wrong. Also have a look what your local snooker clubs offer. My club has a good range from £20 upwards.

Comment

buy a 1pc case
          go try all the rack cues in the club and steal the one u like

Comment

Originally Posted by hahahaheng View Post
            buy a 1pc case
            go try all the rack cues in the club and steal the one u like
            Agree. Many pros are using rack cues for tournaments (ones they play good with). My Club in Bangkok offers 1-pc Omin for all of their rack cues. So it's worth a steal, just leave some pounds there
            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Powerglide Rules!!!

Hi Thomas,
              I have a one piece Powerglide Executive. Powerglide were quite popular in the 1980's giving Riley and BCE a good run for their money! Also back then the quality of "Mass produced" cues were alot better than they are nowadays.

I have had a couple of these particular cues as i quite like the Executive range. If you are really lucky you will find one on Ebay as i did! My one piece cost me just £30! inclusive of p+p!!! I even got my mate one which was very similar, although he has since decided to buy a more expensive cue. So if nothing else this shows that they are still around.

The cue is Ash shaft,Rosewood Butt and is machine spliced, weighing about 16-17 oz. I am very very happy with my cue, and the previous ones i have brought. It is a rock solid piece of wood, dead straight and just the right weight for me.

They are imo the best you can get for under £40! like i said,"if your lucky" Good luck!:snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

your local club should have a selection and probably a few second hand cues in to try out and see what you like

otherwise, try ebay but be careful

Comment

Originally Posted by Thomas_Mc_147 View Post
                  Hey Guys,
                  Thanks
                  Unless it is impossible for you to spend more than that then I would buy a cue more expensive than that. You don't necessarily have to spend £500 or anything like that but you are cutting your chances of getting a good cue at £40 in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X