Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried this?

http://www.accueshot.com/index.html

This is supposed to tell you if you are truly shooting at where you think you are.

I have watched a lot of pros tried it on his demo table in various tournaments. I was very suprised to see how many of them missed the dot.

The margin of error can be adjusted and on the finest setting you have to be spot on.

See he has some dealers in Europe...has anyone tried this?
    www.AuroraCues.com

I havent tried it buts its quite expensive ...

Comment

No not yet. Might be tempted to buy though and if i do i will let you know what it's like..
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by samad View Post
        I havent tried it buts its quite expensive ...
        Probably 50 pounds to your door.

For that amount I could devote 40 hours to old-fashioned practice.

Good thing you don't play golf samad... that model would probably cost 2,000 pounds.

=o|

Noel

Comment

Lol, i'd prefer the same (even though i'd only get sumthing like 8/9 hours )

I find golf a rather tedious and extremely expensive game tbh... its interesting in its own way i guess

Comment

even tough he tells you not to do, but... what's the price for a chalk mark on the cushion actually?

if you can't follow the cue ball with your eyes to realize whether you've hit that or not, you'll probably not be able to use the device either, because you cannot find the switch to turn it on.

Comment

LOL.

I think this is very expensive, the owner told me it is because he has to design a special circuit board and to patent it. But people are charging a lot these day for this type of things be it a cardboard with a line or a mirror...at least this one has a few switches and sound effect.

Anyway, let me tell you I have seen it and tried it and it is not as easy as you may think. You have to be so precise in hitting that exact light dot or else a buzzer will go off to tell you you have missed.

Let's just say I have seen Ralf Souquet tried it and he could not get it every time.

You can also try to shoot from an angle and that is very tough--Ralf Souquet did not get it even once when I was there!

You can also try to shoot it with side and shot an object ball to the dot. I think you really need to practice these to get it once in a while.

I will not buy it because I just cannot afford it.

But it was fun trying it out as it was very challenging and was almost like playing a video game.

In theory if you practice that consistently it should refine your aim, sighting and also your stroke. In reality, is that so I dont know, hence my question if anyone has tried it.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

You should practice on your own, in my opinion. The aiming will improve by time, and if does not, you should understand that the device would probably give no help, too

But this is my opinion, so if you want to give it a shot, it's not that useless..
                All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Wake me up when Ronnie uses it.

=o)

Noel

PS. and NO I don't want one of Ronnie's "paintings" either.

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                  LOL.

I think this is very expensive, the owner told me it is because he has to design a special circuit board and to patent it. But people are charging a lot these day for this type of things be it a cardboard with a line or a mirror...at least this one has a few switches and sound effect.

Anyway, let me tell you I have seen it and tried it and it is not as easy as you may think. You have to be so precise in hitting that exact light dot or else a buzzer will go off to tell you you have missed.

Let's just say I have seen Ralf Souquet tried it and he could not get it every time.

You can also try to shoot from an angle and that is very tough--Ralf Souquet did not get it even once when I was there!

You can also try to shoot it with side and shot an object ball to the dot. I think you really need to practice these to get it once in a while.

But it was fun trying it out as it was very challenging and was almost like playing a video game.

In theory if you practice that consistently it should refine your aim, sighting and also your stroke. In reality, is that so I dont know, hence my question if anyone has tried it.
                  Last edited by noel; 24 September 2009, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                    LOL.

what a joke... hell, it's an expensive device to show you a DOT to aim at. I'll make you a chalk mark for let's say... half the price, deal?

Shooting a dot from an angle means you'll have to aim past it - as with the 'coin jumping trick shot'.

then, if you want to train the same thing with object balls, I'll give you a tip: most tables come with 6 built in aiming aids, called 'pockets', that come in two difficulty levels, 'middle' and 'corner'. if that has become easy, try it from a narrower angle, or from further away. if THAT's too easy, set up two balls in front of one of the aiming aids, in a way the gap between them is just one ball's width. plus the margin of error you want to be training at.

if you can shoot your ball (cue ball, and object balls once you've become good enough) trough that gap and into the pocket, then further reduce the gap. if you can set up the 2-balls-with-a-gap-target in a way the object ball has to virtually touch both on it's way trough, and still get the post every time, you should go and teach the guys at crucible how to sit in a chair and lose. and keep practicing 4-ball-plants to that one ball's width target

all this comes for the price of a ball set.

hehe, sorry pj, I just had to

Comment

That is okay.
                      But if you have a chance, I suggest you try it as this guy always set up his booth in different tournaments--it is not as "stupid" as you may think is all I am saying. I have tried it. It is not the same as shooting at a dot on the table or in between two balls.
                      It is also kind of addictive, like a video game that you really just want to try until you can get to the next level, you know.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                      X