Aramith Tournment Champion 2 1/16 Premium Snooker Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
    I'm sure what your saying is correct. but it still seems strange. So you can have a set of balls in a WCM and all the colours and reds weigh 142g and the white ball can weigh 139?. Im not a pro but this must effect the potting angle?
    PS: why don't they just give a weight, say 143 for example and say +- 1.5 grams doesn't that make more sence
    you do occasionally see pros ask for the white to be changed because they think it is a bit light or heavy ...

top billiards players would also tell you they never play with snooker balls for this very reason ... good sets of 3 billiards balls are toleranced to within 0.5g ...

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
      you do occasionally see pros ask for the white to be changed because they think it is a bit light or heavy ...

top billiards players would also tell you they never play with snooker balls for this very reason ... good sets of 3 billiards balls are toleranced to within 0.5g ...
      And the biliiards players ought to know. It doesn't affect the potting angle, it affects the angle that the white ball comes off the object ball on shots that aren't straight. Of course it affects how much you will screw back or follow through on a straight shot, but all this is pretty small beer compared to the change in angle of the cue-ball stunning off a 3/4 ball pot.
      Which is why it's so infuriating to me when clubs give you a set of Aramith tournament champion balls with a Aramith Premier white - the difference is 14 grams! 142g as opposed to 128g.
      It happens when the original white ball is looking worn so they get a new one without specifying or checking the weight. And also happens sometimes if they got the ATC balls a couple of years ago that came with the spotty white, then asked for plain replacement whites. And it happens a lot.
      I'm lost as to why people can't feel the difference.

Comment

It's the same down at the club I play in. Not only are the whites different weights they are all smaller. I spoke to the maneger about it but he couldn't care less. Thats why I brought a set of my own.
        By the way, as my first set are perfectly ok does anyone want to make me an offer
        Last edited by cazmac1; 1 March 2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I have a set of Aramith Premier balls and it is possible to buy replacement cue balls that the heavier Tournament ball. Is using the tournament cue ball with a Premier set better than nothing or should I not mix the sets.

Comment

If would be better, if you can change the whole set of Premier to Tournament balls.
            Lot of difference.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by kgene View Post
              I have a set of Aramith Premier balls and it is possible to buy replacement cue balls that the heavier Tournament ball. Is using the tournament cue ball with a Premier set better than nothing or should I not mix the sets.
              Don't mix the sets. All the balls need to be the same weight in one set, otherwise you would get very different results with cue ball control. Aramith Premier balls should be fine for practise for now. You can always invest in a new set of Tournament balls in the future.

Comment

How much a difference would I find practicing with Aramith Premier balls to standard club balls?

Through reading this thread and a few games with our club pro's aramith balls am I just starting to see the value of perfectly weighted balls.

And also how much would a set of Aramith Premiers cost?
                Take it its ok to buy them second hand aswell?
                Assume they play well for a long time?

Comment

Originally Posted by dpdubai View Post
                  How much a difference would I find practicing with Aramith Premier balls to standard club balls?

Through reading this thread and a few games with our club pro's aramith balls am I just starting to see the value of perfectly weighted balls.

Your club's standard balls might already be Aramith Premier. They are the lighter and cheaper ones. Or they might be old crystallate or old Aramith Tournament Champion balls. Or they might be all three mixed up.
                  If you are going to invest in a set for yourself, buy a set of Aramith Tournament Champion balls.
                  These are the more expensive (and it's generally agreed, better) ones that your resident pro will be using.
                  Apparently, these cost about £95.

Comment

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ker_balls.html

You'll never go wrong with the Aramith Tournament Champion Balls

Comment

Originally Posted by dpdubai View Post

dpdubai I think I've posted this info on another thread but I'll repeat it here.
                      I bought a set of Aramith Premier a few weeks back. They cost about £60 including postage. They weigh around 128g per ball and are lighter than the balls I normally play with at my club and difinitely lighter than the Tournament Champion balls which weigh in at around 142g per ball. I have to say it doesn't make any difference to me what weight of balls I play with but that's because I'm not really much good. If you're a good player and looking to improve I would say you should get the TC balls as that is what all the top players use.

Comment

I bought a set on e-bay last wek from snooker centre £85 i think they were , which is just about trade. Chris who was the seller was very helpful, i thought the colours were wrong, so i popped down to my local club to check. Shouldn't have worried they were fine. It really does make a difference playing with them.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                          dpdubai I think I've posted this info on another thread but I'll repeat it here.
                          I bought a set of Aramith Premier a few weeks back. They cost about £60 including postage. They weigh around 128g per ball and are lighter than the balls I normally play with at my club and difinitely lighter than the Tournament Champion balls which weigh in at around 142g per ball. I have to say it doesn't make any difference to me what weight of balls I play with but that's because I'm not really much good. If you're a good player and looking to improve I would say you should get the TC balls as that is what all the top players use.
                          Um I'm an ok player looking to make improvements to my game. I can make regular 40 breaks so far havent managed to cross the half century but thats my goal for 2010.

Yeah so the balls will still be quality to play with even at my lowly standard I presume?

Guys making 70's, 80's even ton's would find these balls like night and day difference but to the rest of us mere mortals I'd still think there going to feel better.

I'll keep my eyes open for a good price on TC balls then.

Cheers everyone. Do they go for sale on the forum often?

Comment

Its always good to play with quality equipment, if your making regular 40s it will not be long to your first 50 just try not to get nervous in the 40s, good luck let us know when. Cheers Steve.

Comment

Tournament Balls

All
                              Managed to get a set from a friend who has his own table Championship Tournament Ball still boxed for £50 true bargain they have been used but in fantastic cond really happy. It is true they play completly different to normal club balls.

Toppotter1967

Comment

Great.. that's one great deal in town.
                                All the best in your game

Comment

Working...
                                X