Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the right tip for me uk 8 ball and snooker player help plz :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
    yeh i agree. you dont need a lot to spread the balls, speed or a consistent hit where your in control of the white is always better.

my mate did a pot out in about 27 seconds. crazy player tho. he won a 10k comp the other night (sunday) against another australian, ron kelly, who has made top 16 in the world singles, on a few occasions. my mates number 1 player in australia (atm) so hes pretty good :P he breaks, then goes "wanna see a potout in under 30 seconds?" and just goes for it. but 36 seconds.. damn. you must b a freak at 8 ball too
    ye ive never really practiced it that was in 1 night when i got my time i had about 15-20 attempts its gd fun
    tha what!

Comment

How high are the granite tips? The one think I don't like about BDs is that they're so high so you have to take so much off before they're ideal, I resort to cutting the damn things down by a few mm before putting them on to save all the sanding down. Much prefer a tip which is only about 3mm high

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr O View Post
        How high are the granite tips? The one think I don't like about BDs is that they're so high so you have to take so much off before they're ideal, I resort to cutting the damn things down by a few mm before putting them on to save all the sanding down. Much prefer a tip which is only about 3mm high
        They are higher than BD s . I recently put a P G on and cut a bit off as i found them too high rather than filing down to size . They are hard to cut but with a good blade you will have a clean flush finish as long as you take your time . P Gs are approx 5.3 mm high .
        Last edited by hotpot; 24 March 2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
          umm get the pro granites off ADR. theyre VERY responsive when trimmed down and thinned out a bit. played in they last a while longer too!

sounds like my cue :P 16.3 and 9.2mm tip! wat make of cue is it mate?
          Trevor White
          I might get some PG to try then.
          Are they consistent?

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            They are higher than BD s . I recently put a P G on and cut a bit off as i found them too high rather than filing down to size . They are hard to cut but with a good blade you will have a clean flush finish as long as you take your time . P Gs are approx 5.3 mm high .
            cheers, I'll be pi55ed off if I go to the hassle of putting one on and then not like it

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
              Trevor White
              I might get some PG to try then.
              Are they consistent?
              very consistent! i ordered 100 off stu, been thru abt 30+ of them sharing them arnd with local pro's n stuff. only seen 1 that came apart like a BD. the rest hav been pretty much all the same. so that consistency level seems pretty good to me

Comment

Working...
              X