Size of stripe 8balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of stripe 8balls?

Hey guys, At home i've got a 9ft Snooker table. My dad's mate gave it to us which it has been at least 20 years old. I got the cloth changed to strachan cloth 30oz. My dad and his mates play 8ball on the table (small balls & stripe balls), i currently have aramith premier but im planning on getting aramith tournaments for a change. The question is, where can i get them? I'm quite confused on the sizes. I've looked up balls and found tournament aramith 8balls but i believe they are for american 8ball in which this case means the balls wont even go down the pockets on my table. I was wondering if you guys can help me find the balls that i need, same size as snooker balls but aramith tounament! I am confused with the ball sizes between the american pool tables and the english snooker tables. Even with the snooker tables, i have a 9ft, are the pocket sizes the same as the original size tables? Let me know

I've found this; http://www.bbbilliards.co.uk/super-a...-214-757-p.asp but im not quite sure if these balls are the ones that are suitable for 9ft snooker tables with the small pockets, compared to the bigger pockets on the American tables.

If you can find the aramith tournament balls smaller size than the american ones, please let me know. If you even sell these balls contract me and give me a quote.

This might have been confusing but yes, leave your comments!
    Cheers guys

Regards,
    Thien

I've got 2" balls for a 6' and 7' table now US tables are 2 1/4" with Snooker balls being 2 1/16".

Now I've never seen 2/16" pool balls but they must exist cos there's some on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aramith-Spot.../dp/B001E25NBE

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
      I've got 2" balls for a 6' and 7' table now US tables are 2 1/4" with Snooker balls being 2 1/16".

Now I've never seen 2/16" pool balls but they must exist cos there's some on Amazon:
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aramith-Spot.../dp/B001E25NBE
      Thanks for replying, there are 2/16" for pool balls (aramith standard & aramith premier) but i was wondering if they had them in aramith tournament balls (Gold box).

Thien.

Comment

Originally Posted by thienyo12 View Post
        Thanks for replying, there are 2/16" for pool balls (aramith standard & aramith premier) but i was wondering if they had them in aramith tournament balls (Gold box).

Thien.
        I think the top range for pool is Super Aramith PRO-CUP but in the same style of box as the snooker tournament box in blue and gold.

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
          I think the top range for pool is Super Aramith PRO-CUP but in the same style of box as the snooker tournament box in blue and gold.
          Yea i checked out the aramith website, but i wasnt sure if the size of the ball of super aramith pro-cup is the same ball size as the snooker ones, because i dont want to buy it and have it end up to be the biggier american ball size :S
          Cheeers mate.

Thien.

Comment

I think the if it doesn't state size it will be US spec.
            Ask Aramith
            Any Aussie's on here know a good supplier who will source for you????

Comment

I'm just wondering if Aramith even supply Pool 2/16" pool balls in tournament standards. The best ive seen for pool are the aramith premier, ive seen aramith have them for american pool, which obviously is the bigger size which isnt the size i need, but i was wondering if the anyone knew if aramith makes the small sizes for pool on snooker tables.

Comment

Working...
              X