Pictures of your tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by dtravs1 View Post
    I have tried different tips out Elk, Blue Diamond, Mike Wooldridge, Blue Knight etc, currently using Talisman Med best tip ever for feel and response will not go back to anything else, but hey that is my humble opinion but definately recommend try enjoy......
    Try the Adr147 tips, far superior to talisman imo

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
      Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
      My maple cue with Omin red tip +_+

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7587[/ATTACH]
      I like the look of these Omin tips, if you dont mind me asking how do they play?
      They're very hard, even shaping them takes ages, I quite like them, they grip well and are responsive, definitely don't need to worry about mushrooming either as mine hasn't changed at all, only thing really I don't like is the very harsh click sound you get from them, and they don't hold chalk that well so need scuffing every now and then. If you like hard tips then give them a try but be warned they're very hard!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
        Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
        My maple cue with Omin red tip +_+

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7587[/ATTACH]
        I like the look of these Omin tips, if you dont mind me asking how do they play?
        They're very hard, even shaping them takes ages, I quite like them, they grip well and are responsive, definitely don't need to worry about mushrooming either as mine hasn't changed at all, only thing really I don't like is the very harsh click sound you get from them, and they don't hold chalk that well so need scuffing every now and then. If you like hard tips then give them a try but be warned they're very hard!
        I had one myself. Nice hard and sound, but as you said after a wile you tend to need stuffing as they do get shiny and don't hold the chalk. So changed back to the elks.

Comment

Here are some pics i posted on the other thread.

IMG_20140511_212237.jpgIMG_20140511_212335.jpg

The Previous one before this:
          IMG_20140419_121712.jpgIMG_20140419_121815.jpg
          Last edited by Cmbrstefan; 12 May 2014, 03:01 AM. Reason: Added Photos

Comment

car bodywork spraypainters use this for masking leaves no residue at all - cheap and its 3m so good quality - a roll that length would probably last forever when doing cue tips!
            http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/3...FbDJtAodVQsAGQ

Comment

Agreed. My wife bought me an ash last year for birthday Just replaced the tip for tomorrow game and yes, it's an elk ^_^
              Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

picked up a cue to use as a stopgap until I decide what I want next, so put a phoenix m on it to try out, also gave the ferrule a quick clean up. ignore the concave that was already there and will be rectified if I decide to keep it.

http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Here's a O'Min red laminated tip on my John Parris Classic.
                  VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                  Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                  Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                  Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Is elk consider a hard or soft tip? Because I feel its not hard enough.
                    I have already compressed it before

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                      Bro, I bought 2 hard and 2 soft tip from our local club, snookerzone.
                      I can't really tell much diff. Only during potting, I felt the tip strike with better grip on the white ball.
                      Maybe u can try kamui, abit ex though.
                      It's been many years that I'm usinh back elk. For the past I'm using hard tip till my wife bought me a new cue that I feel the shaft abit whippy. Still trying around other tip to match my cue, presently I'm still stick to elk

Comment

Elks are considered to be on the softer side of things and very inconsistent in feel.
                        If you feel that your tips are still too soft for you then I think its time for you to go and try some laminated tips.
                        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

I am thinking of trying the green baize tips.But they only sell it in 5 pieces. If its still not hard enough then I will have 4 unwanted tips.hahah

Comment

I am thinking of trying the green baize tips.But they only sell it in 5 pieces. If its still not hard enough then I will have 4 unwanted tips.hahah
                            Bro, maybe u wana try omin red tip. It's the hardest tip I used so far.. the surface may smoothen after afew games and need sand paper to rough it up. Centrum snooker sell it quite cheap.. my 2cent

Comment

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrwN...K7iKquCfsRvCU-
                              Saw this chart while doing research

Comment

I have them in tubs of 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X