Want A New Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want A New Tip

Hi everyone been looking to put a new tip on my cue and so confused in which to buy i usually use Elkmasters but not sure whether to try a laminated tip or stick the pressed tip like a pro granite if anyone has got any samples they would like to send that would be much appreciated..

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
    Hi everyone been looking to put a new tip on my cue and so confused in which to buy i usually use Elkmasters but not sure whether to try a laminated tip or stick the pressed tip like a pro granite if anyone has got any samples they would like to send that would be much appreciated..
    I just bought some new Mike Woolridge Super Tips from ADR147 based on his descriptions of the various options in his PDF guide to buying and fitting tips.. I think the guide is free to forum members, not sure, I can't recall where/how I got it.

I don't know much about tips so I thought I'd start with something similar to the more commonly used brands etc and work my way from there to what I like, once I know what that is
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

there are many past thread that discuss about tips. you can try use the search function to get them.

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
        I just bought some new Mike Woolridge Super Tips from ADR147 based on his descriptions of the various options in his PDF guide to buying and fitting tips.. I think the guide is free to forum members, not sure, I can't recall where/how I got it.

I don't know much about tips so I thought I'd start with something similar to the more commonly used brands etc and work my way from there to what I like, once I know what that is
        I don't reckon you can go wrong with these tips . I found them to be better than the elkmasters . I've just changed from these to Kamui Medium, due to reading about them on here .
        In fact i've just bought another two from ADR147 . Think these could be the tips for me .
        Tried about every tip imaginable . Really like both tips but will stick with the Kamui for the moment
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          I don't reckon you can go wrong with these tips . I found them to be better than the elkmasters . I've just changed from these to Kamui Medium, due to reading about them on here .
          In fact i've just bought another two from ADR147 . Think these could be the tips for me .
          Tried about every tip imaginable . Really like both tips but will stick with the Kamui for the moment
          I managed to fit it last night, it's the first one I've fit but it all went relatively smoothly. I have had a quick practice on the pool table here at work and was surprised.. I was expecting it to feel softer than the BCE blue tip which I had previously, but it actually feels a little harder.

Do tips tend to soften or harden the more you play with them? I would expect them to harden as they compact.

Are the Kamui tips slightly harder?

Does anyone have a list of tips from soft to hard or vice versa, might be interesting to see.. I could then pick a tip from the other end of the list and see what that feels like.
          "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
          - Linus Pauling

Comment

I managed to fit it last night, it's the first one I've fit but it all went relatively smoothly. I have had a quick practice on the pool table here at work and was surprised.. I was expecting it to feel softer than the BCE blue tip which I had previously, but it actually feels a little harder.

Do tips tend to soften or harden the more you play with them? I would expect them to harden as they compact.

Does anyone have a list of tips from soft to hard or vice versa, might be interesting to see.. I could then pick a tip from the other end of the list and see what that feels like.
            There are a few comparison sites on the web. I found a great one a while back but cant find it now, theres this one: http://www.poolcuenews.com/the-pcn-tip-guide/

Which gives hardness ratings if thats what your looking for, i use a Talisman soft(which isnt exactly soft) but can get all the spin i want with it. Changing tips is something that you have to give a lot of time, as it takes a while for a tip to bed in , and then quite a bit of time to get used to it. Dont think i'd ever go back to pressed tips now tho. Very much a laminated tip man now, as they say!

Comment

Depends on the tip mate .I put a talisman on and it went too hard for my liking . Also same problem with the pro granite . Ball seemed to slide off of the tip .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
                There are a few comparison sites on the web. I found a great one a while back but cant find it now, theres this one: http://www.poolcuenews.com/the-pcn-tip-guide/

Which gives hardness ratings if thats what your looking for, i use a Talisman soft(which isnt exactly soft) but can get all the spin i want with it. Changing tips is something that you have to give a lot of time, as it takes a while for a tip to bed in , and then quite a bit of time to get used to it. Dont think i'd ever go back to pressed tips now tho. Very much a laminated tip man now, as they say!
                Thanks! That's exactly what I was after I think the MW tips I bought are supposed to be in the 'soft' range.
                - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Depends on the tip mate .I put a talisman on and it went too hard for my liking . Also same problem with the pro granite . Ball seemed to slide off of the tip .
                  Ok.. well, as Gamma says I'll give this one a bit of time and see how it feels after it's bedded in etc.

I wonder how much difference in feeling you get from the tip shape? I have just used some sandpaper to shape it, but I might want to round it even further, it's perhaps a little flatter than I like.
                  - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
                    i think that table is largely rubbish!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Anyone selling any tips i dont have paypal or nothing like that so PM me if you are selling any tips and we can arrange on payment if suitable.

Comment

i have every tip just let me know what you want. adr147@hotmail.com
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                          Anyone selling any tips i dont have paypal or nothing like that so PM me if you are selling any tips and we can arrange on payment if suitable.
                          ADR is the right guy to help you :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                          X