No announcement yet.

New tip shape shared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi cuebru... when you are in the reply page, you can click on the "Manage Attachments" button to upload photos from your computer.

i think we're all very curious to see how the concave tip looks like... :snooker:
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

High speed videos show that the cue tip deforms on contact. It compresses and bends into the cue ball to some degree. More than I had imagined. The surface area of a concave tip in contact with the cue ball is probably greater than one might think. There may be some merit to this shape but I don't think I'll be hollowing out my Aurora tip any time soon.

Comment

If you Think about this Logically Thou!.........It will Only be alittle Advantage for CENTRE BALL STRIKING.

If Putting Top Spin/Screw Back/Side on the Cue Ball it will be WORSE than Normal Tips....As Only a Tiny Bit of that Tip will Hit Cue Ball...Where as Normall Tips will Hit more of the Cueball.

I have Tried this Out Many Years Ago and can CONFIRM.....Its NO GOOD Especially if you Use alot of Top/Screw/Side on the Cue Ball like I do.

If you Notice Most Profesionals have Flat Tip as you are Hitting More of the Cueball than if you have a Dome!

Thats why they Designed Flat ish Tips......

( Please Put Pictures up to Show those who hasn't ever seen this Before )

Comment

I personally like a tip to have the same curvature as the cue ball or a bit less.

The tip shape will change a bit over time based on your shot selections. For example, even if you have shape your tip like a pyramid, if your game is mostly about using center ball the top of your tip will flatten out over time and the pointy part at the top will disappear. On the other hand, if you always hit the bottom of the cue ball then the side of your tip will develop more of a slope over time.

I suspect if the OP has left the top of his tip flat the sharp edge at where the flat part meets the curve part on the side will eventually smooth out and the tip will have a round edge with a flat top without a distinct sharp edge.

If it was concave rather than flat, the concave profile will not stay that way forever because after being used for a while, it will wear off and become flat or a bit round.

Some people like a very round tip and some like it very flat on the top, it is just a matter of preference. No right or wrong in my opinion.
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 17 December 2010, 08:27 PM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Maybe we'll see the professionals using this idea in a year or two.
            Must of been a kick

Comment

tip shape photo

The first photo after 15 hours of use and the other is the tip trimmed up a bit for photo. I think ideally the curve of the ball should fit in the concave and this is very close. And I don't know what maintenance is required. With a good tip probably none.
              For Damienlch, thankyou
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes as the photo shows its appearance does change after some use but because the tip material has been removed the affect should remain. This tip seems to be very resilliant and suited for this 'experiment'.

Comment

Originally Posted by cuebru View Post
                  The first photo after 15 hours of use and the other is the tip trimmed up a bit for photo. I think ideally the curve of the ball should fit in the concave and this is very close. And I don't know what maintenance is required. With a good tip probably none.
                  For Damienlch, thankyou
                  you're most welcomed, cuebru... thank you for the photos...
                  When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
                  X