Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me who makes this extension ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me who makes this extension ?

i was given this 6 inch extension and would like to know if anyone on here knows who made it or for what type of thread it would fit.The extension is 6 inches of jet black ebony and is very heavy for its size.Any help would be great.
    thanks again.

Last edited by warren132; 22 April 2011, 12:34 PM.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

That looks like a spirolok join
    I know robin cook uses them as I have one on mine
    but my extension is made out of a lightweight metal
    that said he's not the only one who uses them

Comment

It also looks for all the world like the mini extension with my o min cue (Mine is their cheap machine spliced one).
      I don't know if they still use these joints, I got mine off Ebay about 4 years ago.

Comment

It reminds me of the mini butt extension that i had for my budget cue from Greenbaize: http://www.greenbaize.com/budget.htm
        :snooker:

Comment

This is the Spirolock joint patented by Aeon Cues/Garrison Engineering, however there is a smaller diameter version used by lots of Chinese cuemakers such as Kao Kao.
          From the picture it is hard to say if it is the UK version or the Chinese.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the comments...the guy that gave me the extension said he never had a clue what cue it came from as it belonged to his son...he said that he will have to ask his son when he sees him and to see if he can remember what cue it came off.

Comment

it looks a little small for a spiraloc one i would take a pot at a chinese maker or an early o'min.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

My mate just got back to me with some info about the extension...he said his son told him that it came with a cue called a cue master now i have never heard of this cue maker so i don't know if they are made in the far east. perhaps someone on here has heard of this cue maker and can shed some light on them for us.

thanks

Comment

Hi there, I have on of these on an O'min Perfect model . O'min arn't the only one who use the spirolock joint, but so far as I know they are one of very few makers who take the time to recess the joining surface of the mini-butt. I hope this helps you in some small way.
                  don't miss!

Comment

looks like a robert osborne thread to me could be wrong

Comment

my mates got a craftsman victor machine spliced, looks like the same mini butt that came with it...
                      :snooker:

Comment

its aeon cue extention

Comment

It's not an aeon. Guarantee you that. The spirolock is too small. Probably an omin or Robin cook, or another Chinese/Thai cue maker.
                          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Check my Aeon special on ebay its 148 .my cue is the only aeon at this time

Comment

It's the joint that is used for all the Phoenix cues and also some earlier craftsman. I have both and use the same extensions for both cues.

Comment

Working...
                              X