cue cases from woods any good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue cases from woods any good

hey just wondering if any 1 has brought a snooke case from woods hand made just wondering if they are any good as i have just orded my robin cook cue and need a good case thanks

Do you mean woods as in the company which makes cues or as in pieces of wood?

Woods cues dont have the best of reputation and referred to as cheap chinese cues but some reviews I have read on here contradict that saying they are good cues.

I didnt even know they made cases if they do?

Personally I would only ever buy an aluminium case. Robin sells these or you could get one from ebay.

As for handmade cases, check out www.wrightcues.co.uk, www.cues-glover.co.uk/PAGE5a.htm, www.customcuecases.co.uk,

Comment

thanks mate they do do cues but i dont like them lol and they are cheap crap. i love the case on wrightcues they rae so nice so think i will be going there lol thanks mate.

Comment

No worries.

Reg is work is high quality. Plus he moves with the times and has email on his blackberry so u will get a very speedy response.

Good luck. U can tell him i advised lol

Comment

those cases from wright cues are synthetic leather not genuine leather

Comment

ok thanks for telling me

Comment

but i do like them lol

Comment

Jaffa Who is Robin? I'm after a case for my new ONE piece cue. There doesn't seem to be a lot of choice around for one-piece. I'd like something aluminium with sufficient space for extensions, chalk, chalk pouch, spare tips. The only one I've seen with a chalk compartment is from cue craft. The Reg Wright ones look OK but I don't like leatherette. I find the ends get scuffed very quickly.
                Any ideas please post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                  .... Who is Robin?....
                  http://www.robincues.co.uk/index.html

Comment

rob is 1 of the best cue makers we have in england lol

Comment

http://www.geordiepool.co.uk/products.asp?cat=24 also have a look on here for your case let me no what u think

Comment

Thanks guys. I know Robin makes good cues but I think he just sells bog standard cue cases. They're OK and have a small compartment for chalk but I don't think I could get my pouch in. I had a look at the Geordie Pool site. Lots of budget cases but no pictures of case interiors. The inside of the case is more important for me than a fancy patterned exterior. Simple aluminium is for me the best.

Comment

try wrightcues as well i only just looked at them yesterday and if u email geordie they will send u a pic of in side but roghtcues is where i am going for mine cos i love the inside with the big compertment let me no how u get on lol

Comment

Robin has the standard peradon / cue craft silver aluminium cases.

Like you say bigmeek, I havent seen a one piece alu case with compartments for different things. Its pretty standard 2 chalk compartments at the end and room for 2 one piece cues.

I think most people tend to put their cue in and then the extension and mini in the other one piece part.

Comment

I bought a package purely for the case. Its not bad at all. Its not genuine leather, but despite limited use it seems pretty solid. It holds two 58.5 inch cues just. Not a lot of room height wise which is good to hold the cues. Theres a seperate comparment for two chalks which is quite snug. Latches and hinges seem okay but nothing flash. And the ends of the case are plastic. Will do the job, unless you use it to knock someone out.

Comment

Working...
                              X