Looking for a short 3/4 case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a short 3/4 case?

I'm currently using a cheap cylinder type case which is 46" in length which just about squeezes in the boot of my car with some jiggling.

I'm now looking for a latch type case (not bothered about locking) either aluminium or leather (ette) but don't want the cheap wood type that fall to pieces after a short time. Not looking to spend a fortune though!

I have measured the long section of the shaft and it's 42" so ideally looking for a case as close to this as possible just so I can fit it in the boot.

I only play Pool so don't have extensions etc..

Does anyone know of any shorter 3/4 cases?

Cue Craft used to make the shortest 3/4 case I know of.Model no is WAC-b/s, it was or is a 3/4 wide three section case in aluminium.The only downside is that I think it was only about 40" ( 112 in new money) internally.I dont know if they still make it or if it is suitable for you.Cuecraft,however, have a huge range of cases and it might be worth a phone call or a visit to their website.Good luck in your search.

Comment

Thanks for that. 112cm = 44 inches so the shaft should fit.

Will look out for one

Comment

You can buy one of the aluminium cases that have the hinge as part of the case, the ones with the full length hinge. Just remove the plastic end caps then trim from each end to make it even with the latches then re-glue the caps on.

I did this with my Dad's case which now measures about 43" long. It started off at 49".
        It was one of the cheap (£30) ones of ebay and does the job just fine.

Comment

Just an update...

I purchased a 45" 3 compartment alu case and that doesn't fit the boot so back to square one! Problem now is the width of the case is too wide (don't need a third compartment). It's pretty tight to get the case in as I have to shift it diagonally to squeeze it in.

I want to try the DIY route but tried it on my 2 piece Alu case (to test) which I use for another cue and while trying to remove the plastic ends, they snapped... so now not sure if I want to fork out for another case for this to fail also!

Is there anyone that can do custom length cases that don't need a re-mortgage?

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
            Just an update...

I purchased a 45" 3 compartment alu case and that doesn't fit the boot so back to square one! Problem now is the width of the case is too wide (don't need a third compartment). It's pretty tight to get the case in as I have to shift it diagonally to squeeze it in.

I want to try the DIY route but tried it on my 2 piece Alu case (to test) which I use for another cue and while trying to remove the plastic ends, they snapped... so now not sure if I want to fork out for another case for this to fail also!

Is there anyone that can do custom length cases that don't need a re-mortgage?
            Did you stick the ends in very hot water before trying to prize off?
            I did this and the glue came away quite easily.

Comment

Not to good at DIY

I didn't use hot water. Just tried to prise it off and it snapped!

I may give the other end a go with hot water seeing that one is now broken.

Comment

Hi sootyvrs, it may be quicker (and maybe cheaper) to buy a new car with a bigger boot LOL
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                X