No announcement yet.

Talisman Tip Not Holding chalk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with hotpot, pressed tips hold chalk much better than layered ones like tally and kamui, moori etc

Comment

Ok Played today again with the Tip, I scuffed before I played as advised with a Nail file and after Seven frames the tip was not holding Chalk to well... On the bright side I won 5-2 but Tbh I think I will put an Elkmaster on this week as I don't really want to be messing with My Tip That Much!! But I will Say The Tips do play well So it seems a shame.

Comment

I would,nt let it bother you thats just the characteristics of the tip . it is obviously retaining chalk or you would be mis cueing . Try a tip pik , i have one and find the chalk adheres better than it does with sandpaper .

Comment

I found this was a problem with the Talisman. More of a psychological one as I never had any miscues. Kamui Black's hold chalk better than the Talisman, and using a softer chalk like (Tweeten's) Master makes it perfect.

In theory the best laminated tip to hold chalk should be the Mike Wooldridge - there are only three layers so it's closer to being a regular supertip.
          Last edited by limecc; 12 June 2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            I dont think Tallies or Kamui hold the chalk anywhere near as good as elks , Blue Diamonds , pg , M W .
            I had a cue returned to me last week, complete with new ferrule, tip etc. Fitted with a BD. I've not used one of those in YEARS. Always stuck with an elk ( until trying pro granite, kamui, mw super tips in the last 12 months ). Surprisingly, it plays as well as an elkmaster!
            Last edited by Inoffthered; 13 June 2011, 05:43 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Blue Diamond is as good as any other tip but only if you can find a good one out of the box.
              My deep screw shot
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
                Blue Diamond is as good as any other tip but only if you can find a good one out of the box.
                The guy who put the tip on either knows what he's doing, or got lucky

Comment

no - sorry i can't let that pass - the quality of blu diamond tips is terrible - i don't even stock them anymore!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I agree these are Great Tips which I use around 5-10 a week Re-Tipping, I do have alot of the Older Ones which were more Consistant than the ones today but who cares if it takes 1-4 Tips to Get right as there Cheap as Chips to Buy!

I have tried Most Tips and too be Honest I Prefer Blue Diamond & Mike Wooldridge Tips as theres More Feel on the Ball and they dont go Shiney so quick as Elk Master which dont last long.

Paying from £5-£12 for a Tip you Gotta be Mad!!.....Unless your Ronnie O'sullivan or Top Snooker Professional who really do Prefer the Harder Tips.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                      Paying from £5-£12 for a Tip you Gotta be Mad!!
                      Gaz.
                      Can't see what the beef is. Same price as a couple of pints of beer or a few hours for the table light. Not going to break anyone's bank so it's obviously a matter of principle to some people.

Even if you can't make a twenty break, what's the big deal if you love the game?

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
                        Can't see what the beef is. Same price as a couple of pints of beer or a few hours for the table light. Not going to break anyone's bank so it's obviously a matter of principle to some people.

Even if you can't make a twenty break, what's the big deal if you love the game?
                        I agree with that 100%, if you compare how much some other hobbies cost per year then consider that you will only need 2-3 tips on average per year then £5 - £15 is nothing really for 3 tips.

Some people like blue diamond, some like elkmaster, some prefer Kamui or Talisman etc etc, its down to personal preferance at the end of the day and experimenting with a few different makes to see what suits you best.
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe some complainers can't tell the difference!

:-)

Comment

i had this problem but it was more a mental thing thinking i was going to miscue or when screwing back chip the ball but it never happened as someone replied a little bit sand paper and ruff it up and bobs yer uncle.

Comment

Yes I also find that my Talisman Soft doesn't hold the chalk that well. It's not too much of an issue as it's a good tip but you need to be careful sometimes when playing a shot with lots of side.

Comment

Working...
                              X