Lifepool Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifepool Scoreboard

Can anyone identify the manufacturer of this scoreboard?

Take a look here: http://s827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/antonycook/

Any other info anyone can offer (manufacturer, value, age, etc) would be gratefully received.

Also any offers for it would be considered.

Thanks,
    Tony

It seems to have been reconditioned recently which is possibly where it has lost the transfer which carried the manufacturer's name.

The first place I looked for that distinctive style of pediment was a 1920's Riley's catalogue. Unfortunately no luck in pinning it down, but I would suspect it is from this period, possibly late in that decade or early 30s.

Perhaps Geoff or another of the people who get out more than me can remember seeing one with the manufacturer's name still in place.

I wouldn't like to speculate on value, the market is not as it once was and its reconditioning work may put off some buyers whilst attracting others. The mirror in the middle is interesting as this space was usually filled by a slate, but the fact that it is bevelled glass, and clearly made to fit, leads me to think it is an original feature. This in itself would point to quite a late date. If it was thought to be a modern replacement then is would affect the value quite adversely.

Comment

Thanks for the infor Peter.

Comment

Working...
      X