Blue Diamond - Welcome back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    Has anyone tried the triangle 10mm tips?
    no not yet - funny thing i noticed today - i have been re-tipping some old cues and used 11mm elks and the average tip was better than in 10mm - a bit like with the talismans i wonder if this has something to do with the american pool market or if its just easier to m ake a good tip if its a bit larger?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

maybe, can always trim off excess. Need to get some tips so will get 11mm elks.
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
        maybe, can always trim off excess. Need to get some tips so will get 11mm elks.
        pm me your address - was impressed how many were good.

Comment

what percentage are duffs do you think? What's actually the problem with them?

will pm in morning [on phone so annoying to do] many thanks.
          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            no not yet - funny thing i noticed today - i have been re-tipping some old cues and used 11mm elks and the average tip was better than in 10mm - a bit like with the talismans i wonder if this has something to do with the american pool market or if its just easier to m ake a good tip if its a bit larger?
            I am not sure but yes, it seems like the bigger tips are better.
            I have recently tried the smaller (I think it was 10mm but could be 11mm) triangle tips which I think is quite good. It is firmer than Elk and holds chlak very well.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

of brunswick at 10mm about 75% were rubbish.

Comment

ok mate. will sort it then.

Comment

Sootyvrs, for pool I think you might love the BD plus. I find that they hold shape well and last longer than BD, give me exactly what I want and no more.
                  Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                    Sootyvrs, for pool I think you might love the BD plus. I find that they hold shape well and last longer than BD, give me exactly what I want and no more.
                    How do these compare to MW Supertips?

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
                      How do these compare to MW Supertips?
                      A tad softer and easier to play screw than MW supertips and Elks I think, but maybe don't hold their shape quite as well as MW's tips when playing snooker so I prefer them for pool.
                      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

i buy tips in 11mm cause i find its the side thats been impregnated with chalk that makes the tip soft/crumbly. wen u trim from 11mm its always harder. i do lots of tips, always carry 300+ tips on me to tournaments/halls cause theres always people needing a retip. i also hav a few boxes of 11mm old elks. theyre fantastic. firm, thin, well pressed tips. great wen trimmed and dont mushroom. if people r in the market for consistently good tips, try n get some old 11mm elks. otherwise, BD+ r fantastic

Comment

It seems to me that a players choice of tip is determined by the cue, in as much as one brand or type of tip may feel great on his old cue, but not on another.
                          I have only experimented with the following tips Blue diamond, Elkmaster, Kamiu (black med) and Talisman Pro medium.
                          In short the blue diamond which i played with years ago until this year was always my favourite,
                          but returning to the game it seems that their construction has change and now feel harder than the Elkmasters both of these tips are great for holding the chalk, but mi-shape very quickly.
                          I then changed to Kamiu WOW what a tip a little harder to fit, i actually ruined the first one with a Stanley blade, the next one i fitted using a pencil sharpener type, tip trimmer,i fell in love with the Kamui instantly,even though its harder than the BD or Elk, it does not seem to held the chalk as well as those to pressed tips but the feel was always constant responsive and without that horrible pinging sound normally found on hard tips it also played in very quickly and retains it shape very very well.
                          I then was told to try out the Talisman, to be fair it would have to be really good to out perform the Kamui, I bought a pack of three Talismans and hated them I gave up on the first thinking it may have been a dead tip, something the layered tips promise to move away from
                          but the second one was equally as bad I found them pingy ,rubbish/ terrible at holding the chalk and extremely hard.
                          So for me its the kamui every time on my Master craft cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            A while back I took what was either 12 or 13mm elkmaster down to 9.5 and then a week later I took the cue and tip down to around 8.2.

One of the best tips I have ever used for pool.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                              A tad softer and easier to play screw than MW supertips and Elks I think, but maybe don't hold their shape quite as well as MW's tips
                              I agree, I switched back to MW for shape reasons but the buffalo blue diamond still played well.

Comment

Are these genuine blue diamond tips? I have seen the newer packing not this one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X