Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you decide to replace your tip??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you decide to replace your tip??

Just curious when everyone make that decision to put a new one on.

I know some change tip brands for experimental reasons and perhaps change the tip well before it's due to be changed or perhaps you have a bad one (BD & Elks in particular) so change it to try another one.

Assuming it's a good tip you have on already.... when and what reason do you use to put a new one on e.g. tip goes too hard from compression, not holding chalk, worn down to ferrule etc....

I'd be interested to know what tip brand and also how often you play which I assume is the biggest influence of wear and tear.

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
    Just curious when everyone make that decision to put a new one on.

I know some change tip brands for experimental reasons and perhaps change the tip well before it's due to be changed or perhaps you have a bad one (BD & Elks in particular) so change it to try another one.

Assuming it's a good tip you have on already.... when and what reason do you use to put a new one on e.g. tip goes too hard from compression, not holding chalk, worn down to ferrule etc....

I'd be interested to know what tip brand and also how often you play which I assume is the biggest influence of wear and tear.
    I think you have answered your question with reasons as to why.

For the tip brands, I have found MW super tips last longer than blue diamonds and elkmaster in terms of not going dead.

I found laminated tips last much longer.

I sometimes cut a tip of just because I fancy a change and then stick it back on at a later date.

Comment

when i start to miscue or it goes either too spongy or too hard.

Comment

Normally when it starts to look like I've got a green contact lens on the end of my cue. Have changed it a few times lately though, as I've been trying a kamui. Cut the wrong shape on the first, the got it perfect with the second one, but when a cue maker checked to see if the ferrule was loose, he had to take the tip off and hasn't put it on central, so when magic mike sends my cue back, I'll put another one on. That will hopefully last a good 4 or 5 years at least!
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
        X