"Grip Tip" Chalkless cue tips!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grip Tip" Chalkless cue tips!!!

Not sure if this has been posted before but I found this link to tips that don't need chalk.

http://www.spinsterbilliards.co.uk/equipment/grip-tip/

Anyone tried these before?

Too good to be true perhaps

I've tried them
    They don't work
    If you try to put a lot of side or screw on the White
    It bounces as if you're trying to jump it
    Nice idea
    The screw in ones would probably be ok
    on a pub cue though

Comment

Can you chalk this tip if you want to?
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Ididnt try to be honest
        I wouldn't think so they're like soft rubber
        That's where the grip comes from
        I think they're a bit too soft for me too

Comment

I have tried a tip made from vulcanized rubber before, may be it is something similiar?
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I'd say they were more a silicone rubber
            A bit softer than vulcanised I could be wrong though

Comment

They are nothing special, they are literally just those rubber grips you get to put on the bottom of like drinks trays to stop them sliding around. Can be picked up in almost any DIY or hardware store for like 99p for a pack of 15 and they are useless for playing properly.

However, my dad did put them on the cues that came with my lttle 4'6" table when I was about 8 and they worked fine then purely because I didn't have any cue power and wasnt using side/screw etc.

Conclusion: fine for kids to avoid getting blue chalk dust all over the house but if you play properly then nothing beats the real thing.

Comment

i gave them a shot a while ago and havn't looked back, after a couple of frames you'll see the benefits, improved my game dramatically, big fan!! the old farts down at the club were a bit sceptical, until i started kicking there arses!!,

tip: you don't have to give it so much 'english' to get positive cue ball response, unlike a leather tip you don't have to stray too far from center to get spin, the mistake most guys have is using it like a leather tip.

oh, and they tell me the grip tips are made of 'modified elastamer' whatever that means??

Comment

how old are you ianjones89???? id guess about 11 years old, considering "grip tips" have only been out a couple of years!!

rubber bumpers are generally made from polyurethane or silicone, these tips are most definitely NOT,

its a general rule of thumb not to comment on things you don't know about, i don't mean any dis-respect but its amazing how ignorent people can be, grip tips may be a similar shape to a chair bumper, but so are leather tips, chair bumpers also come in the shape of a block of chocolate. . . .even the same color!!

they must be doing something right, a couple of venues I frequent tell me that people are stealing them as quick as they're being replaced, needless to say they're selling them over the counter now, I'm tellin ya more and more guys are getting hooked!

Comment

Hi there. We are thinking of stocking these in our shop, but don't know whether they are worth getting in as most of our customers use Elk, Blue Diamond, Talisman or Kamui, and they are just to expensive to have hanging around? What does everyone think please??

Comment

so they are really soft? then wouldn't that affect your long shot accuracy? please update

Comment

Got them, tried them.
                        Sorry, they don't work for me. Impossible to play with. If you're used to hard tips, don't bother.

I'll file them together with the other trash I wasted my money on just because I had to try

Comment

I got a free sample of these to try and can honestly say they don't work for snooker, any attempt to play anything more than a stun or a touch of side resulted in horendous miscues, tried to persevere with it to give a more positive review as the guy who sent me the sample has bought the distribution rights for the UK and is struggling to get them off the ground, which is a shame as they have gone down well in other countrys where pool is predominant over snooker.
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Hi, NO the AMAZING Grip Tips are NOT Expensive and THEY DO WORK! For further details kindly visit: http://www.****************/index.ph...-on-cue-sports

Comment

The AMAZING Grip Tips are NOT Expensive and THEY DO WORK! For further details kindly visit: http://www.****************/index.ph...-on-cue-sports

Comment

Working...
                              X