New balls please???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New balls please???

Has anybody got a set or played with these new SuperPro1G balls????

If so what do you think????

Or am I just being slow??? LOL

http://www.saluc.com/html/billiard/index.php?idlien=42
    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

I wouldnt rush out and buy a set over my std TC set, no point in getting all fangled with them sooper dooper balls at the level most of us here play at.

My TC' balls are not far off them weights anyway.

Cant say i noticed any diff between my TC's and the super dooper ones.

Only diff being,with the TC's/sooper dooper ones is Just more kicks than ya get with shatty club balls...
    Last edited by cally; 17 November 2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I weighed my set which i got cheap from ebay £39 i think it was, they were all the same weight on digital scales i have

Comment

Same as really my mate has got a set of 1G's and I don't think they don't play any different to my TC set......
        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I've got a set of TC's and play with the new 1G's , as the club i play at has them . I can't tell the difference .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

No difference in the way they play IMO but they do come in a nice lightweight aluminium case.

Comment

They're the same as standard ATC balls. The only difference is the tolerance on the weight - these new ones are guaranteed to be within 1 gramme (hence superpro1G) whereas standard ATC balls are guaranteed to be within 3 grammes.
              But like jrc has already done, if you get a new set of standard ATC balls and weigh them individually on digital scales, I'd be surprised if they were more than 1-2 grammes out anyway.
              This is just Aramith trying to squeeze a bit more money out of you by marketing the same balls as a superior product.

The real problem is that many clubs around the country are using object balls that weigh 142g and white balls that weigh 128g - 14g difference between the most important ball on the table and all the other balls. Which puts it into perspective.

Comment

cantpot has it EXACTLY correct. THESE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME BALLS with just the weight tolerance across each set being 1gm or less.

That is not to say you could take 2 sets of the 1G balls and one set could be 141g +/-1g and the second set might be 143gm +/-1g. So don't mix the balls between sets as you could get a 3gm or 4gm difference.

Aramith probably needs to maximize that profit margin and this is the gimmick they've come up with, along with the very handy aluminum attache case they come in

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I play about 15 or so hour a week, is it worth investing in some proper balls?
                  Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Yes mate it's well worth the investment.....
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

The one thing i'd hope they improve would be the split of the pack. Im know all sorts of things affect this, shot of course, cloth etc etc but the current cloth is decent enough and they just split so badly so often its getting annoying. Like balls of snot sticking together almost.

Comment

If any of you do want to buy some, by any chance do any of you live near south west snooker academy (Gloucester) because they have sets which have only been used once in a tournament, tournament champions in an ali case like the 1G ones for only £80 best deal I've seen all year for ones which have only been used in one match. I would have bought some myself if i hadn't already had some :snooker:
                        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Im hoping to go up in the next few weeks so will find out! Nice shout Will.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                            Im hoping to go up in the next few weeks so will find out! Nice shout Will.
                            No problem
                            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                            X