elks vs blue diamonds and hardness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elks vs blue diamonds and hardness.

yes guys i need to know what your experience is regarding whether elks or BDs are harder, according to craftsmans and johnparrot site they both maintain that BDs r the harder tip although in my own experience ive always found elks to be harder

i to have always found elks to be alot harder than bds

Comment

Originally Posted by the nugget View Post
      yes guys i need to know what your experience is regarding whether elks or BDs are harder, according to craftsmans and johnparrot site they both maintain that BDs r the harder tip although in my own experience ive always found elks to be harder
      generally i would say you are correct.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

In my experience I too have always found Elk the firmer tip of the two.
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Me too....

Comment

I think the extra height is what makes BD's softer, but I bet if they are both played in and roughly the same height they would be very similar. Elks seem harder from the start, no question.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              I think the extra height is what makes BD's softer, but I bet if they are both played in and roughly the same height they would be very similar. Elks seem harder from the start, no question.
              That could be the difference.

I recently put a new MW tip on my cue to replace a worn MW tip which had gone a little harder over 3 months play and decided to shape it to the same height as the old tip and sliced (with sharp stanley) a few mm off the top to save all that sanding to get it to same height as old tip.

The tip was just as hard as the one I removed so I ended up ripping it off after a few hours play and put another new one on without trimming height and it now plays perfect albeit 2-3mm higher. It does look a little perched high but as long as it plays right (hardness/softness) that doesn't bother me.

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
                That could be the difference.

I recently put a new MW tip on my cue to replace a worn MW tip which had gone a little harder over 3 months play and decided to shape it to the same height as the old tip and sliced (with sharp stanley) a few mm off the top to save all that sanding to get it to same height as old tip.

The tip was just as hard as the one I removed so I ended up ripping it off after a few hours play and put another new one on without trimming height and it now plays perfect albeit 2-3mm higher. It does look a little perched high but as long as it plays right (hardness/softness) that doesn't bother me.
                interesting, yeah i do that too, must get some wooly tips to see if there all theyre cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally Posted by the nugget View Post
                  interesting, yeah i do that too, must get some wooly tips to see if there all theyre cracked up to be.
                  I'm sure mike will tell you they are! I've not tried them, but never read a bad word about them.
                  If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
                  X