Masse cue attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masse cue attachment

Anyone else recall a few years back Steve Davis was demoing an attachment that went over the top of you cue so you could practice masse shots without marking the table?

Anyone know if these were ever sold or it was just a prototype that never got released to stores?

Anyone?

Comment

I can't say I've seen the clip but after a quick search I found this site which says Steve Davis endorses the product there is a picture of the item in the FAQ section linked here; http://www.twistertip.com/FAQs.aspx#a .this also says how it won't damage the cloth. Hope this helps :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
        I can't say I've seen the clip but after a quick search I found this site which says Steve Davis endorses the product there is a picture of the item in the FAQ section linked here; http://www.twistertip.com/FAQs.aspx#a .this also says how it won't damage the cloth. Hope this helps :snooker:
        Thats it, thanks

Comment

No problem They don't actually look too bad, just no retailer in the UK.
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
            No problem They don't actually look too bad, just no retailer in the UK.
            Yeah. just emailed them to see if they have any european stockists or can ship direct.

Comment

I may do the same, might buy one if the pricing isn't to extortionate, which I have a feeling it may be for some reason :snooker:

Comment

Can I ask what it actually look like as I cannot get most of the website pages working
                Also, I wonder if it is an approved ancillary equipment by WPBSA?
                They state in their rule book "All extensions, adaptors and other devices to aid cueing must be of a design approved by the WPBSA."
                Also that these "extensions and adaptors may be used by players faced with difficult positions for cueing" and I dont believe that this "adaptor" is for difficult cueing but for making the type of shot easier in not a difficult position. Any thoughts?

oops, just seen this on their website

"The Twister has been approved as legal for use in competitive play by the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (World Snooker™), the English Pool Referees’ Association (EPRA), the English Pool Association (EPA) and the British Association of Pool Table Operators (BAPTO), so it can be used in even the top tournaments in these disciplines. Its legality for use in American Pool is currently under review with the Billiards Congress of America (BCA) and the World Pool Association (WPA). Tournament play aside, in the home and leisure environment, players will quickly see how easily the Twister can extend their skill and enjoyment levels in playing cue sports. "
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Can I ask what it actually look like as I cannot get most of the website pages working
                  Also, I wonder if it is an approved ancillary equipment by WPBSA?
                  They state in their rule book "All extensions, adaptors and other devices to aid cueing must be of a design approved by the WPBSA."
                  Also that these "extensions and adaptors may be used by players faced with difficult positions for cueing" and I dont believe that this "adaptor" is for difficult cueing but for making the type of shot easier in not a difficult position. Any thoughts?

oops, just seen this on their website

"The Twister has been approved as legal for use in competitive play by the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (World Snooker™), the English Pool Referees’ Association (EPRA), the English Pool Association (EPA) and the British Association of Pool Table Operators (BAPTO), so it can be used in even the top tournaments in these disciplines. Its legality for use in American Pool is currently under review with the Billiards Congress of America (BCA) and the World Pool Association (WPA). Tournament play aside, in the home and leisure environment, players will quickly see how easily the Twister can extend their skill and enjoyment levels in playing cue sports. "
                  Just looks like a plastic tube with a rubber tip at the top of it. http://www.shopatzing.com/iptwi-twis...l-and-dvd.html

Seems to lock into position the same way those old wooden and metal cue tip clamps did, a small collar that pulls down to tighten it to the shaft. Just wondering if it could leave any marks on the shaft.
                  Last edited by narl; 3 January 2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

i have one here but you need a us pool size cue to use it.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      i have one here but you need a us pool size cue to use it.
                      Aww,

Not had any reponse back form that site yet either =/

Comment

Working...
                      X