Kamui Chalk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamui Chalk!

This price cant be for real??http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAMUI-CHAL...item3a6f602b4d

i read an article on a website recently, (can't remember what the site was), that kamuis prices are only so high because of their price fixing in the market place. Not sure if this is true or not but i cant see how any chalk can be this expensive, the tips are overpriced as well.

Comment

I'm doing some research on chalk at the moment. Kamui has put some materials into his chalk to make it so called "stickier" or "gummier" than the regular powdered chalk we are used to in the game from Tweetens and the like. There are a few youtube videos talking about it. It's overpriced to be sure. Japan is known for it's vast gum tree resources and it could very well be an active ingredient in this product. The chalk from Kamui is also slightly smaller than average which tells me they molded from a standard chalk, baked it and found out it shrank and then just sold it.
      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Stick with the Tweetens or other decent chalk that you know. Keep one on you always so you can control how you play. How chalk reacts on the tip is a crucial part of how you play this game. If you start using a different chalk or tip, it can alter your standard mechanics and interpretation of ball control and lines. In American pool, more spin isn't a bad thing, but in snooker - being a stun/screw game - more spin isn't always good to have.

I suspect the odd player that lacks an understanding of ball striking and ball control might invest in Kamui chalk and fancy pansy tips, but I think it's just compensation for bad cueing and cue action.

Just my opinion
        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

It is really good chaulk just way over priced.

Comment

They are good products to be fair.

Just think it is getting a bit of an insult to our intelligence when he tries to tell us this chalk can reduce cue ball deflection, dont you think?

I will not be surprise if it is their exclusive agent John from the US who came up with these marketing ideas and prices. Kamui was not this expensive before that.

For a piece of chalk that expensive, am I the only one who thinks the wrapper looks very cheap and ugly, LOL?
            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 9 February 2012, 05:12 PM.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Am I reading this right, £20 for a single block of chalk! Makes Fedia's prices seem reasonable in comparison!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Am I reading this right, £20 for a single block of chalk! Makes Fedia's prices seem reasonable in comparison!
                Yeah that just sounds mad.

Comment

The marketing plan goes a bit like this:

1. Buy the kamui tip it is the best

2. They are different--some are for players who like to play by 'feel" and some for those who like a "firmer hit"... Too confusing...I know...why dont you buy them all so you can figure out? They are the best and will last you forever, reduce deflection, put more spin on the ball and will make you a better player.

3. They dont glue on very well? Dont worry. We have these tip holders that you can buy. You can carry a few kamui tips with you whenever you go so once you tip comes off you can glue a new one on. And when they have all fallen off and got lost you can buy more from us.

3. O, you are miscueing all the time? Dont worry. We have just the right product to help you. Here, buy our special $30 Kamui chalk, too. They are so expensive they must be very good, right? The kamui chalk is magical--it can help to reduce deflection, enlarge sweet spot, increase shot accurancy, increase spin, friction, prolong your tip life...How did it do all that? Well...just shut up and listen will you?

4. It is very expensive. Yes, it is, so you better buy the leather chalk holder to protect it. I know it does not really fit your Kamui chalk but why dont you just wrap some tape around the chalk and stop moaning.

5. You are saying the tip is wearing out too fast and you are miscueing again and the tip feels rock hard? *Sign*...you know what, it is because you are using regular sand paper to file your tip. Come on!!! Regular sand paper? Seriously? Now here, buy our special kamui tip shaper. It can enhance your sex life...O sorry, I mean prolong your tip life, help you to put more spin on the cue ball, reduce deflection, and pot more balls for you...it is ONLY USD$40 for a limited time! No no no, it is not just a piece of sandpaper, it is a Kamui tip shaper! Will you just stop asking questions!!!!!!!!!

6. You chalk too often and make a big mess on the shaft? Your shaft is all blue! Come on, dont worry. You need to buy the Kamui shaft leather burnisher. This helps your shaft to become a magic wand...Nope it si not just a piece of leather, it is magical, just like all Kamui product. Just take a look, see the Kamui logo here....this means it can turn anything into a magical potting machine and you will never miss ever again.

You are asking too many question, now shut up and pay. That would be USD$200 please, thank you.

Here, take the Kamui sticker and put it on your cue case to advertise for us for free, will you? This sticker is only $5.
                  Last edited by poolqjunkie; 9 February 2012, 07:49 PM.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                    It is really good chaulk just way over priced.
                    not sure about that - its like a clay - find some of the stuff in a tin that windows were fitted with when i was a kid - same thing!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Friend told me they have successfully invented a new chalk in China. It is a product made by the father of professional player, Xiao Ting Pan.
                      I have not seen it but supposedly she tried and could screw the ball over 30 times without chalking.
                      Looks like John Bertone (Kamui exclusive dealer) needs to smart up as he has some real competition coming.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Poolqjunkie any links to this chalk xiaoting's father created?

Comment

I will have a sniff around here and see what I can find out.
                          王可

Comment

No, no link yet.
                            Predict Kamui chalk will go cheaper if it is true.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

indeed i was going to go with a kamui tip decided to see my other options tested out black heart tip glad i did

Comment

Working...
                              X