Re-tipping your opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-tipping your opinion please

Could members please give me their honest opinion regarding my re_tipping effort. I have played in tip for about 15 hours. you can click on images to enlarge.
    Last edited by denja; 17 February 2012, 09:47 PM.

Tip looks fine.

The ferrule looks to get smaller towards the end, is that the way it was or what u wanted?

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
      Tip looks fine.

The ferrule looks to get smaller towards the end, is that the way it was or what u wanted?
      I had the cue tapered to my spec very slightly. it feels just right for me.

Comment

You have maybe taken a bit much off the tip depth and I would normally not taper the sides as much either.
        Not too bad though.

I usually like to do mine like this.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...7&d=1329518904

Comment

not keen on the tapered ferrule but tip looks ok.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

tip looks sound though you mustve lost a mm in size with that tapering of the ferrule tho if the present tip diameter suits you then its a fine job.

Comment

The tip looks fine bud nice work.....

But not keen on the tapered ferrule either, just personal preference if it works for you good stuff mate!!
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

That looks a very good effort for your first re-tip. Just how i shape mine
                but i have a little more depth on the tip as i like a deep tip. What tip do
                you use and what is the tip size out of interest?

Comment

Its a Mike Wooldridge Super Tip 10m/m taken down a fraction to fit.

Comment

The purpose of the ferrule is to protect cue from splitting at the business end. You now have less protection where it is needed most.

Comment

Still , it is interesting if it adds some kind of extra playability such as more screw power or accuracy. Does it?

Comment

I doubt it would help your accuracy if you lose a mm in diameter from the ferrule it would just make it that bit harder to put unintentional side on the cueball, however if youve been using this for some time then youll be well used to it by now. It possibly will help you achieve more screw and spin though, i had this done to an old cue of mine years back unintentionally by continuously shining the ferrule with fine grade wet/dry over a few years, ferrule ended up collapsing from the wall of it at the top bein too thin, youd wanna watch for this, sound tipping job tho

Comment

Originally Posted by the nugget View Post
                          I doubt it would help your accuracy if you lose a mm in diameter from the ferrule it would just make it that bit harder to put unintentional side on the cueball, however if youve been using this for some time then youll be well used to it by now. It possibly will help you achieve more screw and spin though, i had this done to an old cue of mine years back unintentionally by continuously shining the ferrule with fine grade wet/dry over a few years, ferrule ended up collapsing from the wall of it at the top bein too thin, youd wanna watch for this, sound tipping job tho
                          Thanks for your kind input will keep your comments in mind.

Comment

Took your advice re-tipped with a bit more depth just got to polish ferruel
                            Last edited by denja; 20 February 2012, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Looking alot better 2nd time around, Good job

Comment

Working...
                              X