your top 3 tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
    I can do a pressed tip in under 5 minutes, don't use a clamp and don't even wait for the glue to dry. But I do like to take my time with a laminated tip, its the doming I find takes the longest, but I have to work quick before the wife tells me off for using her chopping board!

Yep I use the wife's nail grooming kit shapes a lovely tip it does

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
      Hahaha, I made a right hash of mine 3 week ago. Bloody super glue on the wood and ferrule and even stuck my index finger to the cue too. Had to run my Stanley knife along the wood to the brass ferrule of my JP to lightly shave the glue off and then spent all morning biting and chewing off the glue off my fingers. The stuff is a nightmare if you rush and mess tipping up...
      we all have to progress from the superglue on fingers cue ferrule phase lol

Comment

Hahaha, I made a right hash of mine 3 week ago. Bloody super glue on the wood and ferrule and even stuck my index finger to the cue too. Had to run my Stanley knife along the wood to the brass ferrule of my JP to lightly shave the glue off and then spent all morning biting and chewing off the glue off my fingers. The stuff is a nightmare if you rush and mess tipping up...
        Removing the glue from the shaft sounds scary!
        Not glued my fingers to the cue since I changed to gel.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I normally put a little masking tape on the ferrule and top 2 inches of the shaft...................Maybe try fingers as well!
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
            I normally put a little masking tape on the ferrule and top 2 inches of the shaft...................Maybe try fingers as well!
            Maybe try non stick glue, much safer
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• My 3 favourite tips
              1. MW blackspin
              2. Keep your head still
              3. Follow through

Comment

• @fisherboi
                @mikey100
                I also use a bit of shoe wax for the burnishing and i would like to share my secret with u. I rub some shoe polish and put on the cotton wool attachment in my dremel and buff it at low rpm (max 10,000 rpm). The tip gets smoothly burnished in a few seconds
                After shaping the tip, use 5000-7000 grit ultra smooth sandpaper for the ferrule. This works better than 0000 grade steel wool.
                I shall share the pics with u....

Comment

• Thanks for the info Hasan

Comment

• Thanks Hasan
                    Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                    X