Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chaulkless tip

Hi ,

Will a chaulkless tip ever become a reality ?, just thinking of the benifits ..no more kicks cleaner cloths , Is there some fabrick or compound which could do the job? lots of grip feel and none of the chaulk dust,
    just wondering if Mike Wooldridge has dabbled with the idea, its got to be a winner if it works.

chaulkless tip

There was some on ebay not so long back
    Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Really like to know more..thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by buddfridgeman View Post
        Really like to know more..thanks

They're back on ebay. Yes, it would save so much time and trouble, dirt on the table, hands, sticky cue, marked clothing, endless problems because of chalk. They're called spinster tips and they're made from silicone rubber. Apart from a curved edge, they're pretty flat faced, so I'm not sure they'd be suitable for snooker. Reaction to them is mixed. They were designed in Australia for pool. They're meant to generate a lot of spin because the rubber really bites into the cue ball. I think it's only a fiver to get one flown over. Do you want to try it and review it for TSF?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3x-11mm-Gr...ht_1563wt_1037

Being sold now by a cue manufacturer on ebay above. Quite a surprise to see a cue maker embracing these tips. Maybe there's something in it?
        Last edited by Particle Physics; 21 July 2012, 07:14 PM.
        Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Particle Physics;656866]They're back on ebay. Yes, it would save so much time and trouble, dirt on the table, hands, sticky cue, marked clothing, endless problems because of chalk. They're called spinster tips and they're made from silicone rubber. Apart from a curved edge, they're pretty flat faced, so I'm not sure they'd be suitable for snooker. Reaction to them is mixed. They were designed in Australia for pool. They're meant to generate a lot of spin because the rubber really bites into the cue ball. I think it's only a fiver to get one flown over. Do you want to try it and review it for TSF?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3x-11mm-Gr...ht_1563wt_1037

Being sold now by a cue manufacturer on ebay above. Quite a surprise to see a cue maker embracing these tips. Maybe there's something in it?[/QUOTE

Hi many thanks its got to be worth a try , I have just ordered 3 for £10 and I will try and then leave a review.

Comment

chaulkless tip

I've tried them
            There's another thread about them
            Rubbish!

Comment

I'm not convinced chalkless tips would stop kicks, though I enjoy having to chalk my cue, I find it relaxing and gives me time to think...
              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
                I've tried them
                There's another thread about them
                Rubbish!
                Hi,
                I havnt got mine yet so dont know how they work, what was the problem ? feel to hard or soft or no grip

Comment

chaulkless tip

I like hard tips
                  These felt like there was a spring on the end of my cue
                  As soon as I tried to screw back when there was any sort of distance between cue and object balls, the white just jumps
                  You may like them when you try them, but there is no way I could manage even one frame with one of these on the end of my cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
                    I like hard tips
                    These felt like there was a spring on the end of my cue
                    As soon as I tried to screw back when there was any sort of distance between cue and object balls, the white just jumps
                    You may like them when you try them, but there is no way I could manage even one frame with one of these on the end of my cue
                    by the sound of it prob. not , but I will try and let you know..thanks

Comment

I'm going to speak to a materials scientist about this problem. There must be some form of carbon rubber out there that we can make a chalkless tip from, that behaves like leather, being as hard. If not, a molecule could be designed by a chemist.
                      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

If you are a serious player, you may want to stay with your usual tips as we are getting mixed feedback - some people seem to like them and others hate them, but we were asked about them so just got a few in to sell.
                        As a retail outlet as well as a cue manufacturer, we sell a wide range of goods from our shop and on Ebay, but we cannot offer recommendations as everyone is different.

Comment

I have some anti kick chalk still called LEP steve davis endorsed it about 18 years ago, still got 3 blocks left what a joke it was soon as you tried to screw back it just jumped you may as well as used Talcolm powder...Dont think there will ever be a fix for a chalkless tip due to the contact required when striking low on the cue ball and using side and spin, fine for centre striking...

Comment

Has anybody tried playing swerve or masse shots with them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3x-11mm-Gr...-/251158433172

Comment

Working...
                            X