Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balabushka Billiard chalk - anyone used it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balabushka Billiard chalk - anyone used it ?

Just seen that Craftsmans cues are selling this stuff on their website. Has anyone used it or come across it before.
    Looks like used in american pool. It's funny but when I was watching Martin Gould yesterday, I could
    have sworn the chalk he was using looked like this and not green triangle or one of the obvious brands ??

Don't know for sure, but in talking to Tweeten their guy said there's a definite difference between chalk meant for pool and that made for snooker, at least by Tweeten.

They recommended I test out their Green Triangle 'Spruce' which they feel is the best they make for snooker.

They didn't specify what the difference was but I guess it would have something to do with the generally smaller tips in snooker and perhaps because we use more stun and screw and hit the cueball harder than pool players (at least generally).

What are they charging for the Balabushka?

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Yes i,ve got two blocks here , it wer,nt cheap i think around £3 a block . Not very good has a few miss cues with it .

Comment

ive got a piece of triangle spruce on the go along with others depending which cue i take to club

Comment

Originally Posted by johno View Post
          Just seen that Craftsmans cues are selling this stuff on their website. Has anyone used it or come across it before.
          Looks like used in american pool. It's funny but when I was watching Martin Gould yesterday, I could
          have sworn the chalk he was using looked like this and not green triangle or one of the obvious brands ??
          yeah balabushka chalk isnt great imo...too hard and powdery, doubt martin gould was using it, more likely green master chalk which is quite good and also has a red wrapper around it like balabushka.

:snooker:

Comment

Terry

it's £18 for a dozen.....any idea how we can get hold of the green triangle SPRUCE in the UK ?
            I've not seen the stuff for years.

Comment

Yeah could have been green master, just makes a changes seeing a pro use anything other than triangle. Does
              anyone know Martin personally to ask ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                Don't know for sure, but in talking to Tweeten their guy said there's a definite difference between chalk meant for pool and that made for snooker, at least by Tweeten.

They recommended I test out their Green Triangle 'Spruce' which they feel is the best they make for snooker.

They didn't specify what the difference was but I guess it would have something to do with the generally smaller tips in snooker and perhaps because we use more stun and screw and hit the cueball harder than pool players (at least generally).

What are they charging for the Balabushka?

Terry
                Finally, Tweeten have admitted what some of us knew all along, spruce is the way to go, not the light green rubbish. Did Chuck say this Terry? And did he admit garnering the knowledge off PP's email and the TSF possee? I think we deserve some credit for enlightening people!
                Last edited by Particle Physics; 13 August 2012, 05:13 PM.
                Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Terry

it's £18 for a dozen.....any idea how we can get hold of the green triangle SPRUCE in the UK ?
                  I've not seen the stuff for years.
                  Johno, I received two boxes of brand new spruce this morning. It cost me about $20 to buy it off ebay US, and have it posted over. It only took 5 working days for it to arrive, which is faster than a lot of sellers on TSF post things! And let me tell you, boy am I happy, it's the best chalk for snooker by a mile.

Comment

Hi PP, sounds good. I did use this stuff years ago. Do you have the ebay ref please so can have a look. cheers

Comment

Hi PP, sounds good. I did use this stuff years ago. Do you have the ebay ref please so can have a look. cheers
                      Here you mate:
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3103561573...#ht_2795wt_906

I got two boxes, should last me a couple of years if I don't lose 'em. There was no import tax at this level.

Comment

cheers buddy

Comment

Hi PP, love the new location
                          emigrated?
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            Hi PP, love the new location
                            emigrated?
                            Yes mate, lol. I wish.

Comment

Working...
                            X