Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue tip

Hi,

I have a cue craft cue, I like it, but I don't know what tip is on it. It is the same tip I bought it with, so does someone know which tip cue craft always puts on?

Another question, what is a good tip for me? I believe my ferrule size is 10 or 9.75 mm. I play most of the time with medium pace (like stephen hendry, shaun murphy, ding etc. sometimes a powershot, but most of the time slow to medium pace). And I use spin (screw, follow-through, stun, not using side very much) with almost every shot.

Thx for responses!
    Koen

No idea what tips cuecraft use but would guess its a blue diamond or elk . As for a tip that suits you its hard to recommend because different players will like the feel of different tips . Some like soft , others medium and others firm etc . A good tip will allow to play a full array of shots , whether its soft or hard .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      No idea what tips cuecraft use but would guess its a blue diamond or elk . As for a tip that suits you its hard to recommend because different players will like the feel of different tips . Some like soft , others medium and others firm etc . A good tip will allow to play a full array of shots , whether its soft or hard .
      So, it means I need to try them all and pick out my favourite. Do you recommend brands for soft, medium and hard tips?
      Koen

Comment

I,m not a fan of soft tips but i do like blue diamond plus tips which are not as soft as some but not hard either . Of the firmer tips i,m currently using a kumui m h which is one of my favourite tips .
        Tips will react different on different cues so i guess you will have to try a few to experiment .

Comment

OK, but try them for a week and then try another. Or try it till you need to replace it.

I play like 9 - 12 hours a week, how long can I play with one tip?
          Koen

Comment

Well if you like a tip then stick with it . A tip should last a few good months . If you do like a tip but still want to change it then take it off carefully and you can use it again as long as you file the bottom flat again .

Comment

OK, I'm going to try some. Thank you very much for your responses!
              Koen

Comment

Try not to go down the route of trying too many ......trust me mate ......it's a pain .

I tried every tip and i've now gone back to elkmasters . It does put your game back as well .

I put on a GBL Pro granite tip ....thought it was the nuts then found it wasn't the right tip for me . Did the same with Kamui as well . Now there is nothing wrong with either tip . It is just purely down to preference . I found with both these tips that after a short while they were far too hard for me and they seemed to throw the white ball off .

Good luck with your experimenting .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I also found the pg pulling and throwing the white a lot but the kamui mh hardly deviates on my cue .

Comment

Hi Neil , i found the Kamui went too hard for me . There was a little throw but nowhere near as much as the Pro Granite .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                      I also found the pg pulling and throwing the white a lot but the kamui mh hardly deviates on my cue .
                      Got a PG on at the minute and can't wait to remove it. They might suit some players, but I can't go back again after trying laminates now.
                      Last edited by Particle Physics; 25 August 2012, 02:20 PM.
                      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

hi hot pot,from your experience ,which one is solfter compare the kamui mh to master black,thanks.

Comment

cue tip

Kamui
                          The master blacks are only good if you like HARD tips i like them loads I know dont

Comment

Mick is right the master tips are harder and has a different feeling .

Comment

[QUOTE=koen147;662408]Hi,

I have a cue craft cue, I like it, but I don't know what tip is on it. It is the same tip I bought it with, so does someone know which tip cue craft always puts on?

cue craft put elks on as standard

Comment

Working...
                              X