Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peradon black leather slim case....feels too tight when closing on butt end of cue!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon black leather slim case....feels too tight when closing on butt end of cue!!!

Just got the Peradon black leather slim case and tried TW cue in it and it takes a little pressure to close case on butt end!

It's takes a little too much pressure in my opinion and feel it adding stress to the butterfly bracket on left side of case, might have to take back asap.

Advice needed or anyone have same case at all and same problem?
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
    Just got the Peradon black leather slim case and tried TW cue in it and it takes a little pressure to close case on butt end!

It's takes a little too much pressure in my opinion and feel it adding stress to the butterfly bracket on left side of case, might have to take back asap.

Advice needed or anyone have same case at all and same problem?
    I have the same issue with my Mastercue case. It didn't bother me much. Haha.

Comment

Have you tried putting the butt at the other end of the case, might be less padding there ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Have you tried putting the butt at the other end of the case, might be less padding there ??
        Yep, tried that John but same but as someone said that due to being brand new it may need bedding so gonna give it the weekend and see how it closes then?:encouragement:
        Nice case though, just need to get a cheap soft cue case with shoulder strap for push extension and all my bits and pieces(chalk, q-rite, towel etc)
        Last edited by TooDark; 14 September 2012, 12:11 AM.
        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

cut a tiny bit of the foam out at the but bit just a tiny bit thats what i did

Comment

I have come across several other makes that seem to "over" pad the cases nowadays, specifically BoysOnTheBaize and Green Baize.
            Both said this was to fully ensure that the cue does not rattle around in the case while in transit and that the cue should make its impression into the padding over time.
            But personally, I did not feel comfortable putting what felt like too much pressure on the cue in the first instance, and as mentioned undue stress on the hinges and catches.
            The two leather cases I had made do have padding but a lot less than these others and the cues do not rattle around.
            Personal preference I suppose.
            cheers
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

May you take a photo ?

Comment

Working...
              X