New Pro Granite tip fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pro Granite tip fitted

New Pro Granite tip fitted, been using one for a while. My first attempt at doing my own tip was not very good, after searching around on here, I think I may have sussed it out.

P1050284.jpg
    Last edited by Maxsys; 10 October 2012, 09:02 AM.

looks massive, i would sand it down half of the tip at list. Let us know how it feel,were did you get it from?

Comment

I got it from Greenbaize, pack of 5, they are all that size, should it be thinner? I had some elk's from my local snooker shop and they were about the same thickness.

Comment

Just play with it and see how it feels. No point sanding half of it away only to then not like it.

If you do want a flatter tip also its better to sand the bottom prior to fitting, rather than have to remove a load of the top half of the tip.

Looks well fitted though. :snooker:
        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Yes I think I will play with it and see how it feels. I can always get the file out again if it does not play well. And thanks, I thought I had done a good job with the fitting, only took about 15 minutes.

Comment

Where do you play, i see your in Bristol?!
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I play at St Annes Board Mills club on Avonvale Road. I have only really been playing properly for about 6 months, been playing on and off for years, last Friday my son and I had a session with Bob Hill at our club, 45 minutes each with him has made all the difference, and we have another session booked in a couple of weeks.

Comment

bit of advice regarding pro granites, they play better a bit thicker. when thin, they go harder too quickly, lose the springyness. even though its thick, it will have lots of feel. trust me, dont sand it too thin right away. thats not a bad height to start playing it in from.

Comment

Originally Posted by knox View Post
                  bit of advice regarding pro granites, they play better a bit thicker. when thin, they go harder too quickly, lose the springyness. even though its thick, it will have lots of feel. trust me, dont sand it too thin right away. thats not a bad height to start playing it in from.
                  Agree 100% they're thick for a reason, sand them alot and you'll lose the feel and it will feel like a stone...
                  Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Great, thanks for that guys, I feel better now. Will find out on Friday how it feels, not allowed out until then

Comment

Originally Posted by Maxsys View Post
                      Great, thanks for that guys, I feel better now. Will find out on Friday how it feels, not allowed out until then
                      Also it will feel quite hard for the first 30/60 mins till it beds in, i'd say you'll know after two hours whether it's a keeper...
                      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Should know on Friday then as I will be playing for about three hours

Comment

Originally Posted by x53 View Post
                          looks massive, i would sand it down half of the tip at list. Let us know how it feel,were did you get it from?
                          that would be too much - they become very very hard when thinned.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Friend of mine tried one of the pro granites I gave him and he loved it. Really liked the tip feel and firmness. Only thing was that the tip chipped during one of his power shots in practice.
                            Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                            My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

I find the pro granite tips perfect.got the feel of a slightly harder elk and the response with side like a laminated tip but without the problem of de-laminating really well made never had 1 split or anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X