Phoenix Tip from Craftsman (Ebay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Tip from Craftsman (Ebay)

Just received this (M) Phoenix black from craftsman cues on ebay and just have a look at it..

It's all squished to one side like something has crushed it. The layer looks almost sheared and about to come off if I even went anywhere close to it with my scalpel.

Even though they're only £4 a tip (still relatively expensive if compared to Elks etc) I expected better quality.

Anyone had any issues or are my expectations too high?

G.
    Last edited by poona; 28 November 2012, 07:36 PM.

Looks a bit duff to me, i would be emailing for a replacement!
    Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

I've had the same tip from them and it did'nt look like that, it must have happened in the post, email them im sure they will replace it

Comment

I bought a pack of 3 of their website and although they were slightly different heights they weren't anywhere near as bad as this. I'd definitely send it back because it will take a lot of trimming and shaping to get it domed with an even height all round that there won't be much life in the tip left.

Comment

definitely damaged in the post! they're good tips just didnt last long for me
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Craftsman are good guys mail them and you'll get a replacement

Comment

Had 2 from them, both were fine and lasted a while. Looks like that has happened in transit as I'm sure they would not send one out like that!

Comment

the first one i had was a little like this but not as bad, the second one was perfect. once fitted and trimmed it will be fine. I very much doubt this happened in the post because theyre very hard tips

Comment

Yeah im not so sure it happened in transit as the envelope it arrived in was perfectly intact.

Comment

What a piece of rubbish that tip is

Comment

Strange then. You would think the person/people at craftsman would avoid the aggro of getting a complaint by sending out normal shaped tips in future...

Comment

They are good guys. The chap I emailed (Jason) offered a sincere apology and said he would immediately send out a replacement tip and include an extra tip free of charge for the hassle. He also said that he would personally inspect the 2x tips before shipping.

He also emailed to confirm he had shipped items.

This is high quality customer service in my book. Normally when such an episode occurs I would never use same company again but with customer service like this, I would have no hesitation in trying them again.

Comment

yes, craftsman are really good, i've had some stuff from them and talked to them about getting a custom cue, they were really helpful

Comment

Personally I don't like the Phoenix tips cause I've had 2 de-laminate on me......

Yeah Craftsman provide a great service,

I ordered a new set of TC balls and needed them next day and they sorted it no problem or extra charge, excellent customer service!!
                            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Yes always good customer service from Craftsman. Simon always phones me to let me know when any items have been shipped so I know to arrange to have someone at home for when they are delivered.

Comment

Working...
                              X