Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    lol yes must be the dodgy source :-)

I trim them as i would a pressed tip cutting down towards the tip end with the cue upside down, i think this must reduce their life span.
    must abmit i have had no problems - although i am told the soft ones are not so great.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by johno View Post
      Have you tried just the medium black ones hotpot, i've not had any probs with the last couple i've fitted and prefer them over soft tallys. Not tried the medium hard ones myself, are they much harder? i did order a phoenix but they look a lot shorter in height to me as kamuis, and i want a tip that will last the max amount of time.
      Yes John , didnt find them as nice to play with as the m/h though .

Comment

Right ok pal, any ideas what you are going to try next? Does'nt higgins use the m/h as well

Comment

Originally Posted by johno View Post
          Right ok pal, any ideas what you are going to try next? Does'nt higgins use the m/h as well
          Yes he uses the m/h , not sure what i,m going to try i put a kamui h on that i had hanging around on for a game last night and it did,nt feel like a Kamui at all just no character to it at all and it felt softer and deader than a m/h which makes me think its a fake ,i had a nightmare of a game with it , all the kamui range i,ve tried had some elasticity about them but this one was like wood . I may try phoenix hard , failing that a tally medium .

I,m really starting to doubt that the laminated tips are up to the pounding they get on slow tables and heavy balls , fine for the pros and star tables .

I,ve got another game tonight and not looking forward to it at all .

Comment

Been using a phoenix hard for a few weeks now and finding them to my liking , very similar to kamui m h but a third of the price . They still have quality issues as mine started to split after a few hours , was going to bin it but then decided to put glue on a stanley blade and slide it into the split on the tip and put pressure on it , then just file off the excess glue on the side of the tip .
            Seems to have done the trick , adleast with the phoenix tips they do split rather than cave in like the kamui,s so are possible to fix .

Comment

i have used kamui med and found them alright,then tried the phoenix only to have them delaminate on me.i am now using red omin laminated tips and they are absolutely amazing and at only £2.50 a tip good value for money.give them a go u might like it

Comment

Originally Posted by emerald gem View Post
                i have used kamui med and found them alright,then tried the phoenix only to have them delaminate on me.i am now using red omin laminated tips and they are absolutely amazing and at only £2.50 a tip good value for money.give them a go u might like it

ive never had a problem with kumui tip but i dont play as much i would like, ive got a phoenix medium to try but the onin tip are very hard but good as well, for the price they are worth ago

Comment

I,ve tried the omin tips and found them quite nice a solid hit but lacking feel on soft touch shots unlike the phoenix hard which i find great , they are a solid crisp hit but you can feel the white on delicate shots .

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    i lost a fortune when i bought a thousand to sell on i had to replace so many.
                    Have you got yours from an authorized dealer for Kamui? I am very sure Kamui from japan will replace and or help you out if the tip were actually from their factory in Japan.

Comment

I can give you the proper contacts for Kamui in Japan

Comment

Originally Posted by AllanSiam View Post
                        Have you got yours from an authorized dealer for Kamui? I am very sure Kamui from japan will replace and or help you out if the tip were actually from their factory in Japan.
                        i bought from riley /bce who are the uk's official supplier.

Comment

Than that's easy report the faulty tips to Kamui, they may ask you to send them some to check if they are Genuine.

Comment

Originally Posted by AllanSiam View Post
                            Than that's easy report the faulty tips to Kamui, they may ask you to send them some to check if they are Genuine.
                            i know they were genuine, just not very good! having faulty tips replaced is not good enough when you count on quality for your reputation.

Comment

i played w/ phoenix tip M for the first time today....loved it....first time ever that i seen cue ball reacting perfectly with top spin....was using kamui mh before.....prefer phoenix definitely....will buy more of them....

Comment

Working...
                              X