Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Table lighting (query for someone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Table lighting (query for someone)

My private club is after some of the ultra bright table lights.. like the luminaire ones. Problem is the club is on a tightish budget but I've been told we have some spare cash to spend on one set of lights for the match table.

Has anyone got a contact or has a set of lights to sell me?

Cheapest I've seen is..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150976120160?hlp=false

Would be nice to get cheaper than this.

Have you had a look at Geoff Large's stuff....He does the lighting set ups and they look awesome..

Comment

Hi, you can buy a pair of 6ft lights inc tubes 4x70watt the same as in that listing from denmans electricals for £120

Comment

Great ill take a look at Geoffs has he got a website?
        Will look at denmans too

Comment

www.gclbilliards.com
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I know Thurston's do them - but will cost you just over £200 - which sounds a bit over your budget. I know it includes top grade tubes as well - but not sure whether it includes fitting.

A club near me has had one installed and I have to say it is great - much prefer it now to the old style lighting shades and I've only played under it twice.

Comment

see the following thread all abut this subject and the recommended Dextra Duet luminaires with High frequency
              http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ighting-Issues
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just had a look at Geoffs. The wattage is less and they're only 10ft. The link is 2x6ft and higher wattage

Comment

it has been said that because these types of lights are placed a lot highter off the table bed than the traditional coffin-types, then two 5-foot units easily illuminate a 12foot table. Also the Duet have two strips per unit.
                  Also keeps the ends of the units away from the players with loose-rest-control at the ends

One thing important, ensure you get high frequency of whatever strips you go for.
                  Last edited by DeanH; 27 January 2013, 03:47 PM.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Don't worry about wattage as nowadays it means nothing
                    Just the heat produced not the light output
                    You need to look at how many lumens the lamps output is
                    That will let you get a proper comparison
                    A lot of lower wattage lamps have just as good light output

Comment

Excellent replies chaps. It's looking like the denman could be perfect for our club. We have a branch in our town do will investigate tomorrow. Glad I posted this thread now.

What did we ever do before the advent of the Internet?!

Comment

The two five foot models are what you need.

It's what I have. Think I got the lights and the bulbs for less than £120. I'm very happy with them

Comment

Originally Posted by poona View Post
                          My private club is after some of the ultra bright table lights.. like the luminaire ones. Problem is the club is on a tightish budget but I've been told we have some spare cash to spend on one set of lights for the match table.

Has anyone got a contact or has a set of lights to sell me?

Cheapest I've seen is..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150976120160?hlp=false

Would be nice to get cheaper than this.
                          Thats cheap. I paid £500 for 2 LS1200's. They are great but yes expensive.
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

Hi,

I have 2 spare dextra duets 5ft units...without the bulbs......never been used and ready to flog on ebay when I get round to it.

Send me a message if you're interested - I have the same lights in my snooker room and they're great.

Comment

Working...
                            X