Cleaning TC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning TC's

Always clean them with Aramith ball cleaner .

But i seem to recall that some members' put them in warm water as well .

Is this ok to do ? and i assume that you would not use detergent .

Thanks
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

I'd stick with the ball cleaner. It puts a finish on the ball which detergent would remove and I should imagine could lead to kicks. I know some people also use polish such as pledge and I even heard Hendry mentioned that he did that on his own table and it made the balls run further and can help on cloths when they age or are slow. I've never tried that but it sounds a better option than detergent which takes grease off but I think you need something on the ball to make it slide off the cloth.

Comment

at a club I used to got to, the "old man" that cleaned the balls was really proud of the fact that the balls we really shiny, he had used Pledge or Mr Shine furniture polish. I have to say that it was the worst experience I have ever had as the balls skidded and slidding all over the table
      Warm water, a friend has a set of TCs and he uses Aramith cleaner (and restorer) spray but says he does very now and then (maybe once a year) gives then a quick wipe with a cloth of warm water and a little detergent solution before giving them a polish with the Aramith stuff.
      Perfect he says
      Last edited by DeanH; 16 February 2013, 08:30 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I use warm water and do one ball at a time, not throw them all in abucket or 'owt, dry them off with one cloth then a second micro fibre cloth to clean my balls , oo-err.....

And they come up a treat, like new, Too tight to buy that aramith ball cleaner me...

Comment

Cheers for the replies . Was thinking along the lines of Cally , but also using ball cleaner after .

Comment

What I do is use 1 rag to apply the ball cleaner on the balls and another to buff them dry. This rag has probably been used for a good year or two and the ball cleaning solution stays on the rag in a dry form so what I do is dampen the cloth and it still has enough cleaner that has previously dried in to clean the balls again. Occassionally I add a little more ball cleaner to the rag or use a new cloth but it seems to work well.

Comment

I am using warm water with a very small drop of detergent to clean the balls from hand sweat.
              From time to time i use the aramith ball cleaner to remove tough chalk residues.

Best results after cleaning balls by hand is to using finally a polishing machine.

Last edited by Raldon; 17 February 2013, 12:08 AM.
              mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Never seen one of them before .

Comment

is it one of those that "jellibean" was trying to punt on here sometime ago?
                  the Brown looks a bit naff
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    is it one of those that "jellibean" was trying to punt on here sometime ago?
                    I dont know, it was just a pic from google search.

In our club we have this one, wich was built privately:

mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Very intrigued . How does this work ?

Comment

Anyone use an electric buffer to polish their snooker balls? Thoughts? Best type? Best bargain? Worth it, or best just to polish with a cloth by hand?

Comment

Working...
                        X